Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right arm twitch

Tingling?

Hi guys.

Hoping someone can help me out. Had a tough time last 3 or 4 weeks. Started off with a neck injury I assumed was caused from working out and poor posture. Anyway when I started getting numbness and weakness in my arms I freaked out a bit and thought I had a serious neurological disorder. Obviously once I freaked out anxiety amplified symptoms and created new ones as it does. I've been doctors twice who did various physical assessments and reassured me I had nothing to worry about it. I believed them. My anxiety hasn't been too bad the last few days but I've noticed light tingling through out my body. It's mainly affecting my arms but also legs and face a bit. Has anyone had this from anxiety? It may be related to my neck injury as well (neck injury was either a strained muscle or herniated disc I have seen a physio separately about this but it still persists). It isn't intense tingling - just light tingles but it happens randomly it doesn't appear when I'm stressed or anything. I don't really want to have to go to the doctors again but if this isn't normal then I may have to.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Adam

Re: Tingling?

Sorry I should also mention the numbness and weakness I've felt in my arms from my neck injury has pretty much subsided other than post exercise soreness. It's just the tingling that has become a problem now. I have been working out quite intensely last week or so to try and help with my anxiety (release of endorphins etc) and I also haven't lost any strength. I've had all over body muscle twitching but again I just put this down to strenuous exercise and anxiety and I've had these muscle twitches for as long as I remember anyway.

One leg thinner than the other? Concern?

Hey guys. Hope someone can help. I got worried I had a neurological issue a few weeks back which started when I had numb and weak arms after a neck injury. Cutting a long story short I googled symptoms and then decided I had a neurological disease. I went to the doctors who checked my wrists and ankles for atrophy, strength and reflex tests on my knees. She had no concerns. However recently I've noticed my right calf is noticeably thinner than my left (noticeable to me anyway). I have a long standing chronic knee injury on my right leg (knee cap doesn't track properly causing grinding and pain) which I know I compensate for especially when working out. I've noticed for years that my right thigh is thinner than my left because of the injury and didn't think anything of it but never noticed the calf until recently. Does anyone else have this? Should I be concerned? I also get muscle twitching in both calves (and everywhere recently because of my anxiety) but I bet most people get this anyway.

Re: One leg thinner than the other? Concern?

We're asymmetrical by nature.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My right calf is 2INCHES thicker in diameter. Asymmetry is normal

I bought a ring a while back - I was going to say that I really liked it, but that's stating the obvious... Anyway, when I put it on my index finger on my right hand, it fitted perfectly. When I put it on the index finger on the left hand... Nope, it fell off.

My point being: everyone is asymmetrical. Everyone. Nothing to worry about

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated

Right arm twitch

I've posted a few times in the last few weeks about my anxiety over possible neurological disorder. Its driving me mad. I have had different symptoms but it started out as neck pain which affected my arms. The doctors did reflex, strength tests and examined my limbs and said I had nothing to worry about. I saw a physio couple of weeks back about my neck and he also mentioned he thinks I may have tennis elbow / tendonitis in my right arm, they can both be very tight and sore but especially the right one. Anyway since Sunday I have had a constant twitch in the right arm muscle which connects to the elbow. You know the deal. At first you're like okay if that goes away I wont worry about it. But it's been 3 days now. It comes and goes but is very persistent. I'm pretty sure it is caused by this tendonitis type problem I have but my anxious mind just takes over. I get twitches all over anyway and especially when anxious but this is very persistent. Someone tell me I'm just over thinking this. There is an obvious cause which is good I know. Male, 32 by the way.

Re: Right arm twitch

You're overthinking this, seriously. You've been checked, you have a sensible explanation for it, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Re: Right arm twitch

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information