Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting to get my severe anxiety back about my mole which i went to a docto in 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Starting to get my severe anxiety back about my mole which i went to a docto in 2017

So i had severe depression and anxiety for years about little big mole on my shoulders ..

it's not perfectly round and that's what got me scared but it doesn't have colors thank god and it had little hairs grow on it - later it wil turn out good omen i guess -

So after years i finally went to a Dermatologist .. ON : 22 - 8 - 2017

she asked me if i had history of family i said no .. if i go out to the sun i said no at all for 8 years (yes I'm that lonely and anti social .. at home for almost 7-8 years )

anyway so she grabbed the microscope and she looked at it for only 20 seconds !!!! Then said there's nothing to worry about!!

She explained to me that it's okay it's benigen specially it has hair on it so it's normal ..

i asked her how often should i do check up she said while laughing a little " for you maybe 3 years " !!!!

She diagnosed me with this when i finished - imgur Image Link - :

http://imgur.com/a/GHenMQk

So now I'm scared aot and my health anxiety and panic attacks been strikes again!

What if the doctor was missdignosed me? I mean she only looked at it for 20 sec for god sake!!

What if it's been long time since my check up .. it's from 2017!

What do you guys think ? What should I do?

Re: Starting to get my severe anxiety back about my mole which i went to a docto in 2

The thing to remember is that dermatologists look at a lot of moles, and they've trained for a very long time to do so. If you had a deep cut on your arm, an ER doctor likely wouldn't need to spend five minutes examining it before deciding what to do next, and your mole is the same.

I don't think you have anything at all to worry about, and it sounds as though your dermatologist doesn't either.

Are you getting help for your anxiety at all right now?

Re: Starting to get my severe anxiety back about my mole which i went to a docto in 2

A couple of years ago I had a mole on my face that started to grow rapidly in a short period of time. After about a month it was 5 times the size, went black and crusty and eventually started bleeding. Of course, I had skin cancer.....

I went to see a dermatologist who also looked at it for 5-10 seconds and just said it was benign and would probably do what it wanted to do and then stop. About a week later it dried up and fell off.

Just because YOU think something is wrong, doesn't mean to say something is actually wrong. Listen to the expert.

Last year when I went through an isolated episode of "mole anxiety" I immersed myself in Dermatology journals.

Dermatologists have something called the ten second rule (I think thats what its called) whereby, they'll examine a mole. If they can't convince themselves in ten seconds that it's benign, they'll investigate further. So it's not surprising your derma only looked at this mole for a short period. My derma did exactly the same thing.

It looks like your derma has diagnosed you with a melanocytic nevi... This is basically just a mole IIRC. Nothing to be concerned about.

I wouldn't give this a second thought and would move on swiftly - dermas spend all day​ looking at moles.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Last year when I went through an isolated episode of "mole anxiety" I immersed myself in Dermatology journals.

Dermatologists have something called the ten second rule (I think thats what its called) whereby, they'll examine a mole. If they can't convince themselves in ten seconds that it's benign, they'll investigate further. So it's not surprising your derma only looked at this mole for a short period. My derma did exactly the same thing.

It looks like your derma has diagnosed you with a melanocytic nevi... This is basically just a mole IIRC. Nothing to be concerned about.

I wouldn't give this a second thought and would move on swiftly - dermas spend all day​ looking at moles.
    Omg i searched on google "melanocytic nevi".. says it has higher risk of melanoma !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The thing to remember is that dermatologists look at a lot of moles, and they've trained for a very long time to do so. If you had a deep cut on your arm, an ER doctor likely wouldn't need to spend five minutes examining it before deciding what to do next, and your mole is the same.

I don't think you have anything at all to worry about, and it sounds as though your dermatologist doesn't either.

Are you getting help for your anxiety at all right now?
    I'm feeding it now .. searched on google about what's I've been diagnosed with "melanocytic nevi" it says it has higher risk of melanoma !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    A couple of years ago I had a mole on my face that started to grow rapidly in a short period of time. After about a month it was 5 times the size, went black and crusty and eventually started bleeding. Of course, I had skin cancer.....

I went to see a dermatologist who also looked at it for 5-10 seconds and just said it was benign and would probably do what it wanted to do and then stop. About a week later it dried up and fell off.

Just because YOU think something is wrong, doesn't mean to say something is actually wrong. Listen to the expert.
    Your experience with your moles really assured me a little but maybe my diagnosis "melanocytic nevi" has higher risk of melanoma !!! Looked all around google !

Nope, all it means is that it's a coloured mole. Quit googling, you'll only scare yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nope, all it means is that it's a coloured mole. Quit googling, you'll only scare yourself.
    Thank you very much for your assurances ..

Hmmm but do you think it's been a long time and it could've been transformed into one since the dermatologist said it's okay I mean it's almost 2 years now

Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information