Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Re: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Not googling symptoms exactly, but reading personal stories. One gentlemans only symptom was thrush.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Would I be feeling unwell if I had Type 1 diabetes? My mouth is still feeling dry and I've got an ulcer on the side of my tongue, maybe another symptom? Or maybe 'cos I've been constantly trying to create saliva in my mouth. I don't feel thirsty at all tbh, unless I'm in the very early stages of it.

My MIL has offered to test my blood sugar tonight, but I don't know whether to do it or hold on. If I have diabetes then I'd probably find out pretty soon anyway, however a simple test will provide me instant relief from this worry, and I can carry on.
    If you test tonight what is to keep you from continuously testing ? If you actually had diabetes you would feel unwell.

Yeah I suppose that is true. She tested me twice back between jan-march when I was at the height of my anxiety

With those urine sticks-diastix?

Have you acknowledged to yourself that you were wrong as regards all your other health issues? The imminent demise from cardiac failure on the football pitch? The insidious bowel cancer? MS and your pitted oedema? How are they all progressing tonight?

No she used her blood sugar thing, where you prick your finger and draw a blob of blood etc.

Yes, I am battling inside my head that I've been wrong multiple times regarding health worries now, trying to use a CBT approach.........it's just difficult.

You really don't want to be labelled a hypochondriac at the GP surgery because when you actually have a genuine health issue (somewhere along the line) you may not be taken seriously due to your history. It shouldn't happen but it does.

Admitting to being wrong in the past is your aim. Applying this to the current health issue is the hard bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You really don't want to be labelled a hypochondriac at the GP surgery because when you actually have a genuine health issue (somewhere along the line) you may not be taken seriously due to your history. It shouldn't happen but it does.

Admitting to being wrong in the past is your aim. Applying this to the current health issue is the hard bit.

I could not agree more.

I'm getting quite worried about this white patch in my mouth now, it's been there for a few days, and I cannot remove it with a cotton bud or anything. When I saw it first I thought it was phlegm but it's not, then I thought thrush, but don't think it's that. It's actually on my tonsil. I've never suffered from tonsilitis, so the only other explanation for a white patch is CANCER. Oh no....

Please tell me you're joking, Mr. L?

There's plenty of other rational explanations - go have a chat to your GP but mention that your health anxiety is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Please tell me you're joking, Mr. L?

There's plenty of other rational explanations - go have a chat to your GP but mention that your health anxiety is an issue.
    No I am not joking at all, wish I was. There's a white blemish, about half the size of a drawing pin head on it, and it looks a bit swollen. I still have lots of phlegm following my cold last week, and I did have a sore throat last week, but this white blemish doesn't look normal to me.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information