Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title change: now on diabetes

Oh well, I've managed to kerb the health worries for a few months now. I'm still waiting to hear back from the docs regarding my heart scan, which will be 3 weeks tomorrow, but I'm feeling better about that. Haven't had many heart symptoms for quite a while, except the odd palpitation.

Last week or so I've noticed I'm not peeing a lot, for example. I only pee'd twice yesterday, and only once today so far - and it was quite yellow. I drank two pints of water an hour ago, and nothing's happened yet - usually I'll be peeing by now. I don't tend to drink that much during the daytimes. Yesterday I had two cups of tea, a coffee, one glass of squash and a small bottle of beer before bed. And today, before I drank two pints of water I've had one coffee and a small tea. Last night I was doing gardening until 9.30pm.

I do sweat a lot anyway, but I can't see how this explains the lack of peeing, I can usually sweat a lot and pee.

Concerned that this could be first stages of kidney failure. I've still got the pitting edema in my left shin, although that could be related to a long term sports injury on my shin bone. I'm tired a lot, but I've felt tired for years. My legs have also been a bit achy

Perhaps a trip to the docs is best, a found out a few months ago that a friend of my dad has had long term kidney failure, diagnosed in his late 20's. He's now on dialysis daily, not sure if that's a trigger for all these thoughts.

Really don't want to spiral again, but if my urination doesn't return to normal soon then I'm going to.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 15-09-19 at 09:36.

Thread Information