Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Re: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Ah ha, I've actually got those exact notes and work books from when I did a CBT course last year - before I started suffering badly from HA. That course was aimed at my general anxiety about life worries, money, house, jobs etc.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to look at it again. It would give you something constructive to work on while you're waiting for your CBT. Remember how determined you felt recently, and hang on to that feeling. Why not try out the work books to distract yourself?

Yeah I will make a start on the notes and self help. I have to do something.

Ive just remembered sonething. Over the past 4/5 months ive been having to clear my throat a lot and sometimes my voice breaks (puberty style). Ive just been blaming it on anxiety and maybe post nasal drip. Unfortunately Ive read now that such symptoms of the throat and voice changes could also be GERD or Silent Reflux. Latter quite worrying as my oesophagus could be getting damaged without me knowing. I told my doc about the throat clearing when I visited about my tonsils, but she didnt say anything.

I guess your doctor wasn't concerned then. Even if you do have reflux, it's not something to panic about. Please stop googling it and focus on those workbooks instead.

Still struggling with this. The nausea is somewhat better (touch wood), but the burping, fullness feeling and something stuck in my throat is still there, especially after eating.

I played 5 a side football last night, but didn't have any heartburn which I sometimes get after intense excercise. However this morning after a cup of tea and some toast I feel quite full, and been burping a lot. Granted, I'm sort of making myself burp as well cos I feel there's trapped wind. And sometimes bringing food back up.

I've been taking Gaviscon daily in the hope to make the symptoms better - even if it's anxiety, I was hoping this will subconsciously help.....but it doesn't seem to. I've also cut down on the amount of tea and coffee I normally drink.

Not sure whether to visit the docs again as I'm going on holiday for a week next friday and my partner has already said that I will ruin the holiday if I don't get a grip on this soon.

I thought I had a stomach ulcer back in February, and that worry is back again.

Looking on this forum it seems that reflux is a lifelong problem. Great, a future of being on GERD tablets looks likely, and the possibility of oesophagus problems :-(

I am trying to look at this rationally, and that I've been wrong so many times with my health worries, but the symptoms are real once again, and I'm struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Is it a bit hasty to think about a gastroscopy? I really don't fancy another tube inserted in me after the sigmoidoscopy though, but I'm fed up of constant symptoms disrupting my life.

Can anxiety and stress really mimic such physical symptoms or make problems like reflux worse? Could I really be creating the problem myself? I know I've asked this multiple times now, but with each different worry I question it.

(Sighs)
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-10-19 at 14:29.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Can anxiety and stress really mimic such physical symptoms or make problems like reflux worse? Could I really be creating the problem myself? I know I've asked this multiple times now, but with each different worry I question it.

(Sighs)
    No, anxiety and stress do not MIMIC physical symptoms, they CAUSE physical symptoms. You need to reframe your thinking to understand that your symptoms are in fact real and that those real symptoms can be caused my anxiety and stress. It's also important for you to understand that having symptoms means you are a functioning human being. I've seen you mention several times how you just wish the symptoms would go away. Unfortunately that will never be reality because having a body means you will almost always have a symptom of some kind. The difference between yourself and the general population is that you create a story and add meaning to those symptoms that simply are not true or are blown out of proportion. Instead of focusing on the symptoms, foucs on the narrative you tell yourself about those symptoms.

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    No, anxiety and stress do not MIMIC physical symptoms, they CAUSE physical symptoms. You need to reframe your thinking to understand that your symptoms are in fact real and that those real symptoms can be caused my anxiety and stress. It's also important for you to understand that having symptoms means you are a functioning human being. I've seen you mention several times how you just wish the symptoms would go away. Unfortunately that will never be reality because having a body means you will almost always have a symptom of some kind. The difference between yourself and the general population is that you create a story and add meaning to those symptoms that simply are not true or are blown out of proportion. Instead of focusing on the symptoms, foucs on the narrative you tell yourself about those symptoms.

Best Wishes
    Thanks for the reply NDY. That's quite insightful, I've always thought that anxiety will mimic real illnesses which you are anxious over, rather than anxiety and stress creating original symptoms - even though I may have have symptoms in the past which looking back could very well have been anxiety - frequent urination, strange bowel/rectum sensations, dry mouth and tongue, head aches and dizziness.

I'm going to try and give the hypnotherapy mp3's another go. Last night I struggled to eat dinner because I felt nauseaous, granted, I did start worrying about eating an hour before having food.

Due to go out for my bday meal tomorrow night but dreading it incase I feel sick again, and ruin the whole thing.

Been fine all day today, but typically the nausea has returned. I have also been having a pain in my right upper abdomen today, just below the ribs. This correlates to liver pain, so worried now that there could be something wrong there. Surely it makes sense to visit the doc after 1 week of these symptoms now?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 17-10-19 at 16:02.

So past two days my youngest daughter has been burping a lot. Obviously my partner just things a bit if an upset tummy, but im thinking what if I have H Pylori and she’s now caught it?

Burping is one of the symptoms, but being only 2.5 she hasnt been complaining about her tummy at all, whether she would or not I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    So past two days my youngest daughter has been burping a lot. Obviously my partner just things a bit if an upset tummy, but im thinking what if I have H Pylori and she’s now caught it?

Burping is one of the symptoms, but being only 2.5 she hasnt been complaining about her tummy at all, whether she would or not I dont know.
    Your dragon is a feisty one isn't he?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

He or she is a pain in a**.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information