Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Title change: now on diabetes

Oh well, I've managed to kerb the health worries for a few months now. I'm still waiting to hear back from the docs regarding my heart scan, which will be 3 weeks tomorrow, but I'm feeling better about that. Haven't had many heart symptoms for quite a while, except the odd palpitation.

Last week or so I've noticed I'm not peeing a lot, for example. I only pee'd twice yesterday, and only once today so far - and it was quite yellow. I drank two pints of water an hour ago, and nothing's happened yet - usually I'll be peeing by now. I don't tend to drink that much during the daytimes. Yesterday I had two cups of tea, a coffee, one glass of squash and a small bottle of beer before bed. And today, before I drank two pints of water I've had one coffee and a small tea. Last night I was doing gardening until 9.30pm.

I do sweat a lot anyway, but I can't see how this explains the lack of peeing, I can usually sweat a lot and pee.

Concerned that this could be first stages of kidney failure. I've still got the pitting edema in my left shin, although that could be related to a long term sports injury on my shin bone. I'm tired a lot, but I've felt tired for years. My legs have also been a bit achy

Perhaps a trip to the docs is best, a found out a few months ago that a friend of my dad has had long term kidney failure, diagnosed in his late 20's. He's now on dialysis daily, not sure if that's a trigger for all these thoughts.

Really don't want to spiral again, but if my urination doesn't return to normal soon then I'm going to.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 15-09-19 at 09:36.

Re: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Mr L, our bodies are in a constant state of flux - things change.

Easier to accept this sooner rather than later.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You started off your post positively but I was waiting for the inevitable twist

Don't dig yourself another HA hole and sabotage any good work you've achieved recently. Understand that this new obsession with "kidney failure" is just another excuse to satisfy your compulsions of getting checked out again.

Your HA Beast is waiting to be fed...

Never Surrender, Comrade

If I drank what you drink, I'd be parched. The answer is in your post

So I didn’t want to start a new thread as this is based around similar symptoms. Past week or so I’ve been feeling quite thirsty at times. Wednesday I drank a tea in the morning and then had to do some manual stuff for 3-4 hours, it was quite hot. Afterwards, I was extremely thirsty and drank 3 cans of pop. I don’t usually drink that much fizzy stuff but I just felt so thirsty. I’ve had a few bought like that throughout the week. Today, I was putting up a fence in garden, from 11am till 6pm in the sun. I had only drunk half a coffee until 2.30ish, the downed a bottle of coke, followed by a few glasses of water. I started worrying late afternoon about diabetes again ( I went through a phase back in January) and I’ve felt thirsty ish till now. Mouth also a bit dry now. I had a bad cold start of the week so I know that can make you a bit dehydrated. It’s warmer recently and I probably don’t drink enough anyway, could I be chronically mildly hydrated instead of diabetes? Pretty worried that it could be the latter.

Mr.Lurcher,

Just to make sure I'm understanding your fluid intake correctly: you worked in the sun doing manual labor for 7 hours and only had a cup of coffee, a Coke (extremely dehydrating) and some water? This is the perfect, text book recipe for not only a dry mouth and thirst but for dehydration. Take a deep breath first and then begin guzzling water!

Best Wishes

Yes, I worked about 7 hours. Very warm and sweated quite a bit. Had a coffee in the morning, then a bottle of coke around 2pm, followed by a glass of water and a few cups of lemonade (maybe not the best thing). This morning my mouth and tongue are dry again, although I dont feel that thirst. I haven't felt my mouth this dry until today.

My eating habits have been poor over the last few months - eating some more sugary stuff, and going through a few ice lollies in the night. I'm not overweight, but have put on half a stone or maybe more over the course of 3 months, so that makes me more at risk of diabetes. I haven't weighed myself as I'm too ashamed to find out, but I think I'm around 12.5 stone at 5ft 10.

I don't think I'm dehydrated because my urine colour is fine, so looks like it could be onset diabetes :-( My mother in law is diabetic so I could visit her to do a glucose test, but I've done a few this year with her and she may not appreciate me doing it again and again.

Or maybe I'm still sub-consciously affected by health anxiety and hyper aware of 'normal' bodily changes/ups and downs, I just wish this dry mouth would go away now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 15-09-19 at 10:29.

I'd put my money on anxiety. I once went to the doctor for a check up and my mouth was extremely dry when he looked inside. I don't have diabetes and he said my dry mouth was caused by my anxiety. You may be in a cycle right now where you're worried about dry mouth and thus your body is creating dry mouth because of your worries.

Best Wishes

Ok, I'm worried now, and I know this will all sound stupid, but I've seen signs today. Earlier in Tesco there was a collection box for Diabetes UK, thought 'oh, thats typical timing'. But while on a walk with the family just now, I saw two glucose measuring strips about 150 yards from each other. Coincidence? I think the world is trying to tell me something.......

Maybe it's best I get myself tested asap, I'm freaking out because of these signs now. My mouth has felt dry all day, but I havent felt thirsty like yesterday. Very tired though.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 15-09-19 at 17:19.

Re: Title change: now on diabetes

My goodness you spiralled into that one quickly!

Do you ever do anything to fight the anxiety?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information