Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Re: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Of course saying that your glands are "up" is a red rag to a bull with a determined hypochondriac. It opens up the gateway to all sorts of sinister diagnoses and provides hours of rumination and googling and further googling..Your poor family..

So, back to the GP then? Will you demand a fast track appointment to a haematologist?

That's how Google search engine works. If you Google literally any symptom you will get cancer or some other deadly or disabling disease. Doctors go to school for a reason. They see one enlarged tonsil all the time. If that would equal to cancer, tonsil cancer rates would be sky high.

But no matter what we say here, you will still believe you have cancer. And that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that after this settles, soon enough you will have another symptom and another illness. It will never end and you will live in constant fear which is life not worth living. So, start dealing with anxiety as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

No she didn't display any worries. She mainly treated me for my dry mouth with some antiseptic mouth wash. The dry mouth has improved. I asked her twice before the end of the appt if she saw the white blemish on my tonsil as I hadn't mentioned that before being examined, and she just said 'theres a little bit there, but nothing significant' - or something along those lines anyway. I'm just questioning did she even see it at all.

Why are all medical sites saying that a larger tonsil = cancer, or that continuing symptoms on the tonsils could be lymphoma. I've been examined quite a few times by docs, and not once had my glands mentioned, so I'm taken aback that my glands were 'up a bit' - like she said.

Another symptoms I've had on and off for the past few weeks is itchy scalp, and a few months ago I had an itchy mole, which the doc at the time said it looks normal and nothing to worry about.

The symptoms are fast adding up now - tonsil issues, swollen glands, itchy scalp........also a slight cough from my cold 2 weeks ago.

No help for my anxiety atm.
    Well blow me down, I must have lymphoma too. Often get an itchy scalp, have one great big tonsil, and often have nodes coming up and down. Could it be that your current symptoms are nothing more than a functioning immune system doing what it's supposed to do?

Why are medical sites saying that? Because they don't want to be sued if they get it wrong. Sure, these things can be signs of more serious conditions, but they can also be signs of common infections that we all get. That's why your GP has done many years of training, and knows how to tell the difference.

Why are you not seeking help for your anxiety? Life might become a whole lot nicer for you if you do.

Btw one of the cysts I have on my tonsil got bigger in the past 10 days. Talking about reasons to panic that is one for sure.
    The only difference between us, is that I have also accepted that I have anxiety issues so I am taking antidepressants for the past 2 weeks.
    You need to accept hypochondria as your primary illness in the hope that you will be feel better in the future.

Thanks both. If these were symptoms that could be blamed on anxiety - headaches, diarrhoea, aches, trembling, sweating etc, then I may be more inclined to accept it's anxiety related.

But the fact is, I have tonsil symptoms along with swollen glands, which cannot be down to anxiety.

Yes, I developed a cold on the 7th of this month, but symptoms would have gone by now, especially tonsil marks and swollen glands. I eat healthy and take supplements so there is no reason for cold symptoms to still be lingering after nearly 3 weeks.

I noticed the tonsil marks last weekend, and have been patient in waiting for them to go, but nothings changed at all.

Symptoms are not due to anxiety, how you are dealing with them is caused by anxiety. Your symptoms could be caused by something benign. Like I said, my cyst got bigger in the past 10 days. Google would say cancer. Doctor says, nothing important, it doesn't look like cancer.

Your doctor would notice if the glands were swollen due to cancer.

I can tell you truly believe this is very serious and offering facts and reassurance is fruitless at this point. So I consulted with the "Told Ya So Gang" and they say to gather all your medical records and get to a NCI designated cancer center immediately! Since your doctors don't deem this an issue and haven't referred you, the cost will be coming out of your pockets so I do hope they're deep!

The TYS Gang and I will have some cold ones on ice awaiting the news.... Let us know as soon as you get your results!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Your symptoms are not anxiety, as Hypo84 says, but your reaction is. I'd be willing to bet they're down to a minor infection, especially as you've just had a cold. Still, I agree with FMP. Nothing we're saying is helping, despite us sharing our own experiences of having the same things. I really hope you'll consider seeking help for your HA, as you've gone from kidney failure to oral cancer to lymphoma in this thread alone. Good luck.

Not good news at all.

Been sent for blood tests, fbc and crp.

She wasnt concerned about the tonsil, said its gunk that needs to come out. But because of my swollen glands (still) and I said I'm very anxious, she thinks its best to do bloods.

She said she isnt worried herself atm........but sending me for bloods proves otherwise. Docs wouldn't send patients for bloods if there wasn't a worrying issue.

She also wants to see me next Friday to look at the tonsil again.

Petrified, worried and fed up now.

Thanks for all your support so far all, but it looks like I won't be dealing with 'just anxiety'.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 25-09-19 at 11:10.

She told you to do blood work because of your anxiety so that results would calm you down. I was sent to do ESR as well as I was anxiously annoying to doctor so she said, with cancer you must have ESR in double digits go do that. Blood work is a cheap way to show you that you are fine.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information