Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Re: Title change: now on diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hang on, are we off diabetes?

Your doctor isn’t worried by anything she saw. You’re ok.
    Yes I had a blood sugar test midweek, all fine, albeit a bit low which apparently ok.

saw a doc yesterday for my dry mouth, who mentioned my glands were up a bit. Never been told this before, so I’m fearing the worst - lymphoma. I may organize another appt next week to see if they have gone down. There’s also marks on my tonsils and a few ulcers on my tongue, common symptoms with underlying serious causes.

Re: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Okay, not at work now so I can answer this at greater length.

I'm concerned about you, Mr. L, because you keep on falling down the same rabbit hole again and again. Every time your body does something, you take it as evidence that there's a sinister cause and go into full panic mode. This isn't healthy for you, or your family.

I know it's tough, but at some point you really need to acknowledge that the one common thread here is your anxiety response, and this is what you need to be working on - not whatever random sensation is currently frightening the daylights out of you. Believe me, I'm aware of how hard it is, but you need to focus a lot less on what you think is happening to you, and a lot more on how you wrangle your reactions to it. This will help in two ways - it will help you react more rationally, and give you an alternative focus for your attention.

Not sure about you, but I always used to think of myself as a pretty smart person - I thought that my brain was the only worthwhile thing about me. Realising that there could be something wrong with my mind took time and humility. What I've learned, though, is that I'm not always right and specifically that most of my worries are completely misguided. It's okay to be wrong, it's not your fault, but you do have to acknowledge that your thought patterns can be flawed, and rely on people who don't have the same problem, like your partner or your doctor.

I really hope you can come through this, but I'm worried you're going to land up revisiting the same old territory again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Okay, not at work now so I can answer this at greater length.

I'm concerned about you, Mr. L, because you keep on falling down the same rabbit hole again and again. Every time your body does something, you take it as evidence that there's a sinister cause and go into full panic mode. This isn't healthy for you, or your family.

I know it's tough, but at some point you really need to acknowledge that the one common thread here is your anxiety response, and this is what you need to be working on - not whatever random sensation is currently frightening the daylights out of you. Believe me, I'm aware of how hard it is, but you need to focus a lot less on what you think is happening to you, and a lot more on how you wrangle your reactions to it. This will help in two ways - it will help you react more rationally, and give you an alternative focus for your attention.

Not sure about you, but I always used to think of myself as a pretty smart person - I thought that my brain was the only worthwhile thing about me. Realising that there could be something wrong with my mind took time and humility. What I've learned, though, is that I'm not always right and specifically that most of my worries are completely misguided. It's okay to be wrong, it's not your fault, but you do have to acknowledge that your thought patterns can be flawed, and rely on people who don't have the same problem, like your partner or your doctor.

I really hope you can come through this, but I'm worried you're going to land up revisiting the same old territory again and again.
    Hi Blue, thanks for the kind in depth reply.

Not feeling too bad today. Yesterday was better as well, I think (fingers crossed) that the mouthwash might be doing something. Albeit the white mark on my tonsil is still there, so I cannot rule out cancer completely.

I understand wholly that I'm catastrophising again and again, but I cannot help it. The CBT way of thinking would be 'I've worried about things this year which didn't come true so the likelyhood of this coming true as well is low', however my thinking is 'well, even I have worried about multiple things, something will end up being true based on probability'.

I used to think of myself as a smart person, my brother keeps telling me 'you're one of the smartest people I know, so why can't you see what you're doing to yourself'. It's hard to hear that, but I just tell him, I'm not that smart anymore.

It's upsetting for me. After the bowel thing passed I had a good summer, and felt at times like I was past the worst of HA, now it's back.

The fact that you had a good summer means that you can get back to that good place, though. As hard as it is, the important thing is never to stop working on it and acknowledging and correcting any faulty thoughts you find slipping in.

I've just looked in the mirror and there's still white marks over my tonsils. Surely they should have gone by now, the nhs website states they disappear in a few days after the initial illness. I was ill two weeks ago now. That coupled with my dry mouth and swollen glands surely point at something more sinister than just a bug.

My voice has also been breaking at times over the past few months, I put it down to warm summer, not drinking much and maybe allergies, but it's another symptoms of oral cancer. I have got quite a few symptoms now, dry mouth, white marks on tonsil, voice changes, swollen glands. It's really not looking good at all.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 22-09-19 at 10:05.

Not responding to any of this. Use your logic and work on your breathing - just because you're afraid, it doesn't mean there's anything to actually be afraid of.

The fact that nobody is commenting saying they've had similar symptoms with prolonged tonsil marks, shows I'm dealing with something other than the remnants of a normal cold.

You're dealing with extreme hypochondria. Your GP told you you were okay, be happy with that.

I'm out, at least for the moment. When you bash your head for long enough against a brick wall, it can start to really hurt.

Fair enough BI, don't blame you. Appreciate all the replies I've had and your help.

Discovered another symptom, the front of my tongue has bumps, is shaped into my teeth (I have uneven bottom ones). The medical term is scalloped tongue. Could my tongue be swollen from an underlying cause, it certainly feels strange right now. I have found myself pushing my tongue against my teeth quite often, but what if I'm pushing it because it's swollen? I noticed a few months ago two bumps at the front, but thought they were just a reaction to foods etc. Anyway, it's another symptom to worry about.

Last ditch attempt for reassurance. The back of my mouth and uvula still looks a bit red and blotchy, plus the tonsil spots/marks are still there.

Has anyone had a dry mouth and tongue lasting ages?

Has anyone had white spots/marks on tonsils last weeks, with no sore throat or other virus like symptoms? Everything medical online says they should clear up quickly, I've had mind for nearly a week.

Has anyone had lymph nodes swell in their necks following viruses?

I have a glut of worries in my head now - Lymphoma, Oral Cancer, HIV....... however I can't think of instance where I would have caught HIV, been with my partner 10+ years and never had unprotected sex until trying for our first child. So the likely hood is something like lymphoma, which is a common cancer in my age group.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-09-19 at 10:53.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information