Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im convinced I have pancreatic cancer.

Im convinced I have pancreatic cancer.

Hello all,

I truly appreciate everyone on this forum, so many of us struggle with thoughts and medical issues.

Ive had a rough 2.5 years with medical anxiety, symptoms and pains.

About 2 years ago I had pain under my left bottom rib cage, back shoulder blade, and a persistent feeling of something under my left rib even when not in pain. This lasted a year! Also had varying bowel movements, bowel color, consistancy etc. After I persisted about 6 months into the problems, I had a few tests ran. Blood work - normal. Sigmoidscopy - clear. CT w/contrast of abdomen and digestive area- clear (some incidence of diverticulitis found), Ultra sound near tail of pancreas - clear. A few months later, it all just... dissapeared. Very confusing but was a relief physically and mentally.

Bad news, after about 6 months, its back as of the last few days. All of it. Pain in exactly the same spots. Same feelings, same bowel movements. Losing weight pretty fast, but eating much less. Obviously, Ive been googling for 2 years now. Everything points to PC. I have planned my own death for two years now, going over in my head how I would die, and the effect on loved ones. The worry never leaves me. I just got a new job offer, with a salary I dreamed of and I cant even enjoy this moment. Now I have to go through convincing Dr to perform tests. At this point they dont believe anything I say.

Also, had headaches about 2 months ago. 1 month of the same headache every day. I was convinced I was going to die from something at that point, but the headaches completely stopped after a month.

Not sure why I am posting, maybe just so I can talk to someone about it without feeling like a mental case. Anyway, maybe someone is dealing with something similar...

Re: Im convinced I have pancreatic cancer.

The fact that you had symptoms which went away and then returned points that it is not cancer. The fact that you had ultrasound which would detect pancreatic cancer but it didn't means that you don't have it. You have the same thing that you had 2 years ago, which is not cancer.

Thank you for this. That logic make sense. I just am now in my head thinking maybe symptoms never went away, I just got use to it. I am not sure. The painless feeling of something under my bottom left rib never went away. I feel when laying down on my left side and when laying on my stomach.

That feeling never went away, but you didn't have cancer before (ultrasound clear) so you don't have it now as well.

What color is your urine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light yellow I think. I havent been drinking much water, but yesterday when I drank a lot it was almost clear.

@hypo84 lets hope my friend

Yellow urine is a good indication that you probably don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5 years with pancreatic cancer? A walking medical miracle!

If you had PC for this long, you'd be long dead. Sorry to be harsh, but thats the facts

^^ what he said. You would be dead by now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information