Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed period

Missed period

Hi there. I was wondering if you girls can help me with some advice.

My period is 4 days late. Technically it's the 28 day of my cycle but i for the past year i've been getting my period at 24 days. I am not pregnant, i even took a test although i haven't touch a man for the past month and a half.
    2 days ago i started having mild cramps and my breasts got really sore (this usually happens to me before my period comes) but no period.
    I am 29 , i have never been pregnant and I have cysts on both of my ovaries (not pcos just full blown cysts). My period has never been delayed by stress. I had periods in my life when i was REALLY stressed and it always came on time or early. I also have to mention that for the past 3 months or so my periods have been kinda light. I mentioned this to the obgyn but he didn't say anything about it.
    It never happened to me to get my period late in 17 years since i have periods. Early yes, but not late.

Should i wait a few more days or call the doctor. This is stressing me out.

Re: Missed period

Wait and see to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This is really freaking me out. I am 5 days late now and i have mild cramps but no period.
    I seriously think there's something wrong with me, especially since i NEVER had a late period.

I do have a lot of anxiety but i've been like this for years and it has never affected my cycle.

Periods change as you age. I was always regular up until a couple of years ago, and now I'm all over the place.

It's as scary as heck, but the easiest way to live with it is to go with the flow, or, y'know, the absence of flow. Chances are it'll show up sooner or later - last month mine was ten days late and I'm really proud that I didn't freak out about it.

I have found antidepressants incredibly helpful for this.

Is it normal to start changing in your late 20s early 30s?
    I thought you it changes when you're closer to menopause. Or maybe it's because of the cysts i have. My doctor told me that i don't ovulate from my right ovary.

Maybe ask your GP? I know mine shifted a little around my late twenties, though, in the space of a few years I went from 26 days to 30ish.

I use a fertility app to track mine and if I look back over the time I’ve been using it, it’s fluctuated a lot. Recently it’s gone from 28 to 25 days. Over the years it’s gone from 28 to 30 then 29 and then 26. I think they say a normal cycle is 23 days to 35 days but could be wrong. X

@ BlueIris, mine started to shift at for the past year/8 months or so. I went from 28 days to 24/25 max 26 days. Now it's day 30 and its not here but i do have pms like symptoms, which started around day 27.
    @ Unicorn 1985. I use an app too, its usually accurate. My period starts the day the app says it's gonna come or one day later.
    However, i feel like this time i might have ovulated later, based on my symptoms.
    I think ill just wait a few more days and then call the doctor and try not to go nuts in the meantime.

Broadly speaking, this is how I landed up on antidepressants Couldn't handle the stress of it.

I made an appointment for Friday with my obgyn and now I'm really stressed out. More than i was before scheduling the appointment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information