Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another message from the admins (well from me)

Re: Another message from the admins (well from me)

Bump

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Quick message to those who post on threads where they aren't being listened to .....

Folks If we don't like a post then move away from it.

To put it bluntly it is YOU who reply that keep the posts going and making the thread very very long

We can't make anyone stop posting (unless the member has been asked to stop replying by the OP and the chose to ignore that), that is not what NMP is about, What we can do is choose whose posts we actually reply to..... the ones who we get satisfaction from, knowing we are going to help them and maybe even make their day by replying to them

Again putting it bluntly, those who REALLY need help but are getting ignored because people are too busy replying to threads where they know they are not going to get replies... come on, imagine how they feel seeing threads like this getting replies and those getting none at all!! ... those whose problems which are just as great even moreso.

To those replying to this thread I ask you.... Why do you post on here when you clearly aren't getting listened to?? what is the point in you doing that?? is it to cause arguments and controvesy?

We as admins can quite clearly see these threads being carried on by the people who reply and NOT the OP , yes they will reply to their post but how long would the thread last if no one replied and they chose to reply to threads where people get no replies??

So please we ask you again........step away STOP REPLYING..... STOP KEEPING THE THREADS GOING..

We can't make you do that BUT surely you can see that by you replying the thread keeps going????

People call the serial posters 'trolls' ..... we like to give anyone the benefit of the doubt on here as mental health problems come in all shapes and sizes. but again I ask members this.... If you think that then why reply?? why would you feed a 'troll' when you know that is what they thrive on??

Those who do call members 'trolls' I ask you this and something you have probably not even thought about....

who are the real 'trolls' on the threads? is it the OP or is it yourselvelves who keep the threads going and call the OP all sorts of mean names and make insinuating comments.

Please you need to all (including the OP's) take a look at yourselves.... why do it?

Yes this post may raise a few eyebrows BUT I am hoping it causes a few people to take a look at themselves and be honest with themselves....

Thanks for reading,..... please lets make NMP a happy place to be again, one where everyone gets replies and not just a select few.

Bump

It won't be read but...bump...

This is a really good post Terry, and I missed it originally. Thanks for bumping this up. It appears I need to take this message to heart regarding a particular poster.

Thanks again for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    This is a really good post Terry, and I missed it originally. Thanks for bumping this up. It appears I need to take this message to heart regarding a particular poster.

Thanks again for sharing it.
    Rest assured I've never bumped this because of you or anything you have said in those problematic threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Rest assured I've never bumped this because of you or anything you have said in those problematic threads.
    Oh, I didn’t think that at all, Terry. I’m a firm believer in things happening for a reason though, and that you bumped this on a day where I’d made an uncharacteristically blunt and frustrated post with a member...well, I think I needed to “hear” it. So I’m glad it happened as it did!

I'm sure that person needed to "hear" what you said too though. Your posts have always been insightful and supportive and sometimes being blunt is called for. It's very different from being abusive and aggressive.

Bump

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information