Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to get back into gym but fear heart issues

Re: Want to get back into gym but fear heart issues

So, I decide that since I've been getting faster beats, acid at times and all the breaths etc etc. It might be a result of reflux? I was on tablets for it for a year ago...I mean, this feeling has been going on/on off for over a week now! So I doubt it's anything to serious and I had a 10 hour shift mainly standing today...so that was a work-out on it's own lol and I know it's silly to say but when I was wearing my headphones I could hear my on heartbeat super loud in my ears and it was rather unsettling lol

I went to therapy today and she made some great points about some of the breathing/issues I'm having. I went through a few hard events lately and as such she thinks some of this is a delay panic time. So while it may seem hard- I'm trying to be realist. I'm 23, fit enough- not as fit as I want to be but I'll get back there. I don't smoke, don't have any issues so far or family issues with heart issues...so I'm probs okay!

Reflux can definitely caused skipped beats, it's due to irritation of the vagus nerve.

Just wanted to comment here- I think it's funny how if my heart going to fast I stress. If it's going to slow and feels weak I freak- there's no happy in-between! Well, my heart been a worry for over a month now and I'm still here! All the skips beats, fast or slow....all of it. I'm trying trying to over-work my anxiety and tell myself it's fine and I'm fine. I'm 23 with good blood pressure! I'm slowly getting into work out again! It been nice doing it- just working it into things to help me in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Reflux can definitely caused skipped beats, it's due to irritation of the vagus nerve.
    And thank you for taking the time to reply It's meaned alot x

Hi LouiseAndy!

Sorry for the late reply - I hope you’re feeling a bit better!

I know exactly how you feel... last few days my ectopic beats have been so bad and I do find it hard to believe that its not damaging my heart! I too and up and down when it comes to exercise. One day I feel like I can do it, other days I’m so worried and anxious. It’s very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by PiaR View Post
    Hi LouiseAndy!

Sorry for the late reply - I hope you’re feeling a bit better!

I know exactly how you feel... last few days my ectopic beats have been so bad and I do find it hard to believe that its not damaging my heart! I too and up and down when it comes to exercise. One day I feel like I can do it, other days I’m so worried and anxious. It’s very frustrating!
    It's horrible isn't it! Like today it kept going to fast/hard or to slow/soft! Like I can't stand up without feeling like my heart rate is Racing! I'm doing my best to just carry on! Slowly working in more exercise! Hoping it settles down with you soon x
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 07-09-19 at 21:16.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information