Thread: Bloating, nausea, upper stomach pain and rock-hard, pulsing upper stomach

Bloating, nausea, upper stomach pain and rock-hard, pulsing upper stomach

Can anyone relate/reassure me please? I'm getting panicky and I know that will only make things worse.

What worries me the most is that I might have a bug or something (I'm TERRIFIED of being 'ill'). Does anyone get this bit in particular: about 1 inch below my bra-line, right in the middle, I have an area that is rock-hard. I mean SOLID, like a bowling ball. I can feel, and see, a really strong pulse in that area. It's not a new symptom, but I haven't had it for a very long time. I am also bloated, and have been in pain across my upper abdomen most of the day. The pain seems to be in the area for acid indigestion, and I feel a bit nauseous. I had pain in my upper back/below shoulder blade last night, so I'm thinking it is acid related. I'm just so uncomfortable, and don't know if it's my stomach or colon, or what.

Re: Bloating, nausea, upper stomach pain and rock-hard, pulsing upper stomach

Hi, I can relate to some of what you're saying. I am suffering at the moment with pain in my upper stomach etc. and am panicking. I too am very afraid of being ill. Just below my bra line I get a feeling of bad pressure, it feels like there is something pressing there, or something growing, which terrified me. However this feeling of pressure now comes and goes so I think it is not something growing. The pain in my stomach is raw and sore and feels like acid, but worries me a lot. Last week I had pains all round my waist right side, left side, back. That is better the raw sore pain is coming and going. My step-daughter who is a nurse thinks its all acid related, but I find it hard to be convinced. I wanted to see my GP but it is very difficult to get an apipointment. I am afriad of tests too. I just want some peace of mind. I do hope you feel better soon. The trouble is anxiety can cause all this and we make it worse, but can't help it.

Re: Bloating, nausea, upper stomach pain and rock-hard, pulsing upper stomach

Thanks for replying chinadoll. I'm really suffering at the moment, very similar to what you describe. I also think it's acid related, but wow - it's right around my side and back too. A couple of days ago, I couldn't move because of the pain, and it literally took my breath away. It's so sore again this evening, too.

It's difficult to get an appointment at my GP surgery, too. I did say to a receptionist once that I would "do my best to know 3 weeks in advance of my next illness" (that went down well). I also don't like tests, and am scared of being sent for endoscopy. I had one when I was 14, and it was fine, but they knocked me out for it.

Thread Information