Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So. Very. Tired.

Re: So. Very. Tired.

I can and do, but I tend to save them for when I really need them. I know there may come a time over the next couple of weeks when it feels essential rather than desirable.

Home now, at least, with treats planned for tomorrow night and Saturday.

Yay you are home! What are you going to do with your evening?

Going to try and finish the first of a pair of earrings I'm working on, but if I get tired before I do, no biggy. Once it hits around 8, I'll put my feet up and relax on the sofa for a bit.

Such a mess right now, I feel almost as though I'm back to square 1.

I have a new line manager, specifically, somebody who made me redundant in the past before barely deigning to hire me for a different role two paygrades lower. She's been here four days and has been nitpicking like crazy over every change I made in her absence.

Today, meanwhile, in addition to dealing with her emails I spent the whole day alone with a younger colleague who complains incessantly about absolutely everything.

I dealt with this by picking at a sore spot on my gum until it swelled and went white, then spending hours googling the abscess I was convinced I had.

Not my most dignified day.

I'm so sorry, and I have been where you are with the impossible, stressful working conditions. The job I had before my last one I was at for 9 years and loved it. Then, a new employee was hired and she was a total bully. She seemed to spend her days finding ways to loudly point out what she thought my faults were and downplayed and ridiculed any praise or kudos I would receive from the bosses. I put up with it the best I could but it started to affect me physically and mentally. Yes, I tried talking to HR about it and they had meetings with the two of us in which she appeared as a perfect angel. I then tried telling our boss that I really couldn't stand it anymore and it was her or me, but since she and I both knew he was having an extra-marital affair, he feared if he fired her she would cause him problems. Great situation, huh? I left a job I had previously loved and was very good at, and all the bosses adored me, but she made my life hell.

Anyway, if this is going to be the new normal at your job, you REALLY need to get out of there. No job is worth your health.
    Sue

I’m so sorry BI- this all sounds very stressful. Have you got anything planned for the weekend, which you can look forward to? Hang in there. And remember: no job is more important than your mental health xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Such a mess right now, I feel almost as though I'm back to square 1.

I have a new line manager, specifically, somebody who made me redundant in the past before barely deigning to hire me for a different role two paygrades lower. She's been here four days and has been nitpicking like crazy over every change I made in her absence.

Today, meanwhile, in addition to dealing with her emails I spent the whole day alone with a younger colleague who complains incessantly about absolutely everything.

I dealt with this by picking at a sore spot on my gum until it swelled and went white, then spending hours googling the abscess I was convinced I had.

Not my most dignified day.
    Hey blue, sorry things have been super draining for you! I don’t have any advice but I just wanted you to know you’re not alone and I can understand.

Are you taking time for yourself outside of the negative environment? It really can make everything much harder when we’re dealing with things like this so don’t fret over a ‘less dignified day’ it’s only a blip! You are aware of the actions and can see the logical side in it, which is huge.

Positive vibes & supportive hugs.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

So sorry work is tough BI.
    When you’ve got the mental strength you should start recording anything that your new manager says that is out of order. Can you speak to anyone about it? I thought your boss was very understanding, so maybe he can help?

Are there any other roles that you can look at applying for?

Immediately, start your processes to keep yourself relaxed. I know it feels like a faff, but it’s never been more important.

We are here, we are all very fond of you & want you to be happy and healthy, so we will help or just listen. Xx

Just a quick update.

Obviously the broader work situation isn't improving any time soon, but I had a really good day yesterday bonding and having fun with the team; it helped a lot. I'm not feeling quite so helpless because I know I'm not completely alone. I've been managing to stay off Google, too, and the anxiety is slowly subsiding along with the suicidal ideation.

Got a nice, peaceful weekend planned where I'll have lots of downtime plus a few fun things to do. Not under any illusions that the next few weeks will be easy, but I'm getting more confident in my ability to make it through them relatively unscathed.

I'm so glad you got some comfort from your work colleagues and don't feel so isolated and desperate. Don't let the b*ggers get you down...this woman isn't worth it and obviously has a giant chip on her shoulder.

I hope you enjoy your much needed time off and can really disconnect from all the work sh*te xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information