Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Sore weak legs

Re: Sore weak legs

Of course it can. How would it not?

Reassurance is a strange word. We cannot guarantee our advice. It must be taken at face value. We can suggest that your symptoms are possibly based in an heightened state of anxiety.
    You might not recognise this for what it is but the fact that you're here posting suggests you might have an inkling. A good way to calm your thoughts is too read through the various posts or type in your specific worries MS/ALS and press search. No doubt you'll find people with the same worries, the same symptoms and the same thinking processes - for me that is reassuring. For me, your feeling of walking on cotton, the dizziness and tires weak limbs are classic signs of anxiety - I've had them all. They come, they go … it can take time. It'll pass. Breathe easy !

I don’t know why my legs are so weak and sore though. If I extend them to stretch them they start shaking...

I also have a lot of twitching mostly in legs but also arms, back, face.... ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I don’t know why my legs are so weak and sore though.
    Just a thought... could it be...?

I actually have been mostly in bed or on the couch for the past three months in a state of super high anxiety.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It definitely must not help but my legs have felt "off" for months but for the past 10 days the burning sore feeling has been worse.

i tested my strength yesterday.

I did tests like getting up from a chair on one leg, jumping up stairs with two legs at the same time, standing on one feet, walking on toes and heels... I passed them but my muscles got sore quick and twitched after...

The classic set of neurological self- testing by the worried HA-er. When is your appointment with the actual neurologist, Seymour? Why not wait for an expert to assess you properly?

Couldn’t find anything sooner than mid-October so far

What worries me is that she hasn’t suggested anything that could explain my symptoms

The GP did a basic neurological exam, reflexes, eye movements, walking on tip toes, all that jazz. She said everything was normal and that there was nothing indicative of MS so she didn’t want to order an MRI. She said my symptoms didn't sound like MS cause they were very mild and also MS wouldn’t present as small tingles all over that last a second but more like a whole leg tingling for hours or days.

A few days ago I went back to the same GP complaining about the same symptoms. She said I was a hypocondriac and sent me to the hospital... I ended up seeing two other doctors who did basic neuro exams and listened to my symptoms and diagnosed me with extreme health anxiety. Nobody even wants to send me for an MRI and everyone basically called me crazy. I had to see a psychiatrist in urgent care
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

from a clinical standpoint I had no weakness...When I talked about ALS she said I’m too young and to please not lose sleep over this.... she thinks I’m worrying too much.

The GP did a basic neurological exam, reflexes, eye movements, walking on tip toes, all that jazz. She said everything was normal and that there was nothing indicative of MS so she didn’t want to order an MRI. She said my symptoms didn't sound like MS cause they were very mild and also MS wouldn’t present as small tingles all over that last a second but more like a whole leg tingling for hours or days.

A few days ago I went back to the same GP complaining about the same symptoms. She said I was a hypocondriac and sent me to the hospital... I ended up seeing two other doctors who did basic neuro exams and listened to my symptoms and diagnosed me with extreme health anxiety. Nobody even wants to send me for an MRI and everyone basically called me crazy. I had to see a psychiatrist in urgent care
    Positive thoughts

Rightho, so now you have had GPs and other clinicians including the one today, check you over and see nothing wrong. There is something wrong, but its mental and not physical.

How is your girlfriend getting on with her pregnancy ?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information