Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Re: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    No, it sounds like a severe hypochondriac being delusional and twisting minor sensations into something much more dramatic.

It's a horrible thing to realise you have faulty thinking patterns, but the realisation can really help you recover.
    I have a reason to be concerned though I’ve had tons of ct scans of my head that can cause brain cancer..

You have to admit, though, the conditions you've sincerely believed you've had have severely outnumbered the ones you've actually had.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You have to admit, though, the conditions you've sincerely believed you've had have severely outnumbered the ones you've actually had.
    Yeah but this is legitimate. Considering all my symptoms and all the CT scans I’ve had

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I'm also worried I might really have a brain tumor... The past week I've had this pain on one spot of my head.. I've read that brain tumors cause pain on one side of the head. I've had a lot of ct scans of my head over the years so I'm definitely at risk you know? I've also been getting burning sensations in my head and seeing stuff in my vision from time to time which also are signs of brain cancer...
    Unless you are having seizures, then stay home a do not go to the Dr or hospital. Thus is not an emergency. Head pain does not mean a tumor.

You also would need hundreds of CT scans to be at any risk.

Go find something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    You've gotta admit though it sounds like it could be a brain tumor... Headache on one side, unsteady when walking, dizziness, cognitive difficulties it’s all classic signs..
    I've come to expect that kind of response from you If indeed you believe this, why are you posting about it on an anxiety forum if not just to get reassurance?

Anyway... I'm sure you'll survive to post another day

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hypo27,

You are exactly right. Your symptoms are legitimate. You are legitimately experiencing real symptoms. What isn't legitimate is the story your are telling yourself about those symptoms. Ground yourself in reality for just a few seconds. First, take a deep breath. Second, recognize that you had a CT scan on August 16th and it was normal. I'm not a doctor but I really struggle to believe that a brain tumor could grow that quickly and that large in order to cause the symptom you are experiencing. Third, challenge your story and genuinely ask yourself if something else less sinister could cause one sided head pain. One very common alternative is a tension headache caused by anxiety. Statistically speaking, this is infinitely much more likely to be the cause than a brain tumor.

Again, I'm not a doctor and don't know what's going on with you however I think it would be very wise to take just a few moments to ground yourself in reality and recognize alternatives to what your telling yourself.

Best Wishes.

Yeah but I’ve had these for over a month straight! They are only getting worse...
    I will repeat - again - I HAVE HAD SKIPPED/ECTOPIC beats for.....derr derrr derrrrr.......

not a month.....

not a year.....

not 5 years....

....but, 27 years! Most days, on bad days every few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Unless you are having seizures, then stay home a do not go to the Dr or hospital. Thus is not an emergency. Head pain does not mean a tumor.

You also would need hundreds of CT scans to be at any risk.

Go find something to do.
    Its not just head pain though. I've having these burning sensations in my head my unsteadiness is getting worse and I just haven't been feeling right.. What else could be causing this maybe my chiari malformation?

Hypo27

Please see my post. Ground yourself in reality and the multitude of other causes for your symptoms.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Hypo27

Please see my post. Ground yourself in reality and the multitude of other causes for your symptoms.

Best Wishes
    Well chiari malformation could definitely cause all of this but I don't know what else could..

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information