Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Re: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Please anyone? My heart is skipping a lot today and the dizziness is real bad should I go to the er?
    The ER is for actual emergencies. Just wait and your regular doctor or go to an urgent care.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    The ER is for actual emergencies. Just wait and your regular doctor or go to an urgent care.
    Skipped heartbeats and being real lightheaded isn’t an emergency? Can’t my heart just stop when it skips like that? It’s been skipping for a month straight..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Skipped heartbeats and being real lightheaded isn’t an emergency? Can’t my heart just stop when it skips like that? It’s been skipping for a month straight..
    Considering this is nothing new for you, no, I don't believe it's an emergency. By all means, seek whatever medical attention you feel is necessary; that's all on you. But generally speaking these symptoms are rarely worrisome, typically only when they're new and sudden as well as severe (e.g. syncope / fainting).

I do still struggle with general anxiety, but I am significantly better than I was a couple years ago. At least most days are "normal" and few days are intense / anxious - opposite of what it used to be. But even now I get all the symptoms you are experiencing. The slightest uptick in anxiety / stress can cause them for me. I experienced them on a regular basis when I was worse off, including for weeks or even a month or two at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    Considering this is nothing new for you, no, I don't believe it's an emergency. By all means, seek whatever medical attention you feel is necessary; that's all on you. But generally speaking these symptoms are rarely worrisome, typically only when they're new and sudden as well as severe (e.g. syncope / fainting).

I do still struggle with general anxiety, but I am significantly better than I was a couple years ago. At least most days are "normal" and few days are intense / anxious - opposite of what it used to be. But even now I get all the symptoms you are experiencing. The slightest uptick in anxiety / stress can cause them for me. I experienced them on a regular basis when I was worse off, including for weeks or even a month or two at a time.
    Thdbkd for the response bin. These are kinda new considering they started a few weeks ago... Did you have the real strong skipped beats like make you cough kinda? I can feel my pulse when it happens and it stops briefly..

Has anyone else had these strong skipped beats and it not be serious? I hate to go to the er but I’m just worried..I had a ekg a couple weeks ago that was normal but my heart didn’t skip during the ekg so it missed it..

Do a search for skipped beats. There are literally pages and pages and pages about this here and none were serious.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Do a search for skipped beats. There are literally pages and pages and pages about this here and none were serious.

Positive thoughts
    Every story I’ve read on here they didn’t complain of the strong skipped beats... More like just fluttering and stuff.

I've had all sorts of palpitations, including the strong skipped beats that gave me the sudden urge to cough. Those are no more harmful or indicative of a physiological issue than any other such anomaly. I've had a handful over the years that felt like a light punch to my chest. Still, nothing you've described sounds out of the ordinary.

Of course you can feel the brief pause in your pulse when you feel a skipped beat - because it sort of does "skip" a beat. What actually happens is a premature beat (hence Premature Ventricular / Arterial Contraction, or PVC / PAC) meaning the heart contracts earlier than it was supposed to. That creates a brief pause followed by a stronger beat, because the premature contraction was slightly out of time and thus didn't move enough blood, and the next (stronger) beat is still on time. It's stronger because it has to make up for what the premature beat failed to do.

PVCs and PACs are generally harmless, with a few exceptions. Exceptions that, in my opinion (I'm nowhere near formally educated or qualified to diagnose anything, ever), are not likely for you.

Even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for here, I assure you there are countless stories on Google just like yours. Every resource returned by a Google search has at least one word in common: ANXIETY. I know anxiety can cause this crap, because I've dealt with it for several years.

I have a myriad of legitimate and serious cardiac issues. I also have hammer like pvcs. I have palpitations that take your breath away, and have had them for decades.

My heart has been scanned and monitored in literally every method possible. I have had ekgs, ultrasounds, MRI, ct and heart catheterization for the known issues I do have. I have been assured by a cardiothoracic surgeon, GP, and two cardiologists that my palpitations are the result of anxiety alone, and nothing to do with my issues.

In fact stress and anxiety were cited by one cardiologist as the absolute leading cause of palpitations and skipped beats.

If you want to address the issue behind the symptoms, find help for the anxiety besides the drinking. From my experience, any temporary reprieve from anxiety you might find in a bottle is short lived, and alcohol only made things worse for me in the long run, to the point where I entered AA 21 years ago. Not passing judgement, I was where you are, just sharing my experience.

Please listen to lofwyr, B. Your anxiety has ruled your life for far too long.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information