Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Really scared and depressed..

I’ve had shortness of breath off and on since around 2015 that’s just gotten worse and worse.. The past month has been really bad I’ve been feeling really suffocated and every breath feels like it’s a task and I’m always focused on my breathing.... I had a pulmonary function test last year that was basically normal and I had an echo done last month which read was normal but they couldn’t calculate my pulmonary pressures which would tell if I had pulmonary hypertension which I’ve been worried about causing my shortness of breath. I have a stress test Thursday which I’m terrified to even do because I get out of breath so easy.

Re: Really scared and depressed..

Also most of you know I have a Chiari Malformation which I’ve read could cause shortness of breath. I don’t know if it’s the chiari or pulmonary hypertension or something... I did go to the er last night where they did an X-ray, EKG, and blood work which was all pretty much normal but my breathing is so bad I’m so terrified :(

I’ve also noticed my respiratory rate being a lot lower. A normal respiratory rate is like 12-20 I noticed mine as low as 8 at the hospital last night.. So scared I’m close to respiratory failure or something :( Does it sound like it could be Neurologic or pulmonary hypertension?

Please someone? It sounds more Neurological because of the slow breathing along with the breathless feeling..

Should i go back to the er??

Are their any nurses here that could give any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Are their any nurses here that could give any advice?
    Not a nurse, but as someone with breathing issues if it was really that bad then you would not have been allowed to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I’ve also noticed my respiratory rate being a lot lower. A normal respiratory rate is like 12-20 I noticed mine as low as 8 at the hospital last night.. So scared I’m close to respiratory failure or something :( Does it sound like it could be Neurologic or pulmonary hypertension?
    Also not a nurse, but I’m in agreement to what utrocket just said, if it was truly something concerning, they would not have let you leave the hospital. Your tests came back fine, you must trust your doctors

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Not a nurse, but as someone with breathing issues if it was really that bad then you would not have been allowed to leave.
    Thank you for the response.. It’s just way worse today than it was yesterday what scares me is it seems to get worse everyday :(

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    That, and its been two hours and several panicked posts seeking reassurance in the same pattern you typically exhibit. If it truly was that serious, you would have already been back at the ER. I am curious though... it's been two months since your last thread. What have you done during that time to quell the dragon?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information