Thread: Stomach cramps and bloating

Stomach cramps and bloating

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this site in years! But I’ve come back with a new issue that has been plaguing me for just over a month! Constant bloating and stomach cramps!

It started just over a month ago. I would wake up feeling fine and about 3 to 4 hours into my day I would start getting some bloating and cramping. I would finish my day at work and come home to lie down to rest. It would ease a bit and I would go to sleep and the next day this pattern would continue, until the symptoms became more steady.

I got worried and went to the hospital. I had an some blood work, urine tests and a X-ray. The emergency room doctor said constipation and sent me home with strong laxatives. The next day Instill didn’t feel right and went back. Again they gave me more laxatives. I wasn’t happy with the diagnosis so I went to a different hospital. That hospital sent me for more blood and urine tests and this time a CT Scan. The results came back clear, minus a small hernia in my belly button area that was most likely unrelated. The doctor there told me to try and change my diet, exercise and drink more fluids.

Anyway, A month has passed and I still feel awful! My stomach is constantly bloated and cramping. The cramping rotates around from the left side to right and to the middle, sometimes all over at once! I’ve tried drinking more water, taking beano, eliminating bread and coffee and nothing is helping!

I have scheduled another doctor appointment for September 4th. I’m very worried, I want to feel good again! This is taking over my life. All I want to do is lie down.

Sorry for for the long post. I’m just losing my mind here worrying 24/7!

Re: Stomach cramps and bloating

I have very similar symptoms. This is very common in IBS or SIBO, which is a bacterial imbalance in the small intestine...

I have this too. It's a completely benign condition. I hope you feel better soon but anxiety won't help. You have been assessed by several doctors and your tests have been clear which is good news. These symptoms are just part and parcel of IBS/SIBO unfortunately and diet change doesn't help everyone despite the hype.

I’ve never heard of Sibo before. Sad thing is After rears of suffering from anxiety and depression I managed to get better and get off all my anxiety/depression meds. Now with this stomach issue popping up I’m back to having panic attacks.

I feel defeated!

Thread Information