So I've been having upper abdominal pains (both sides) over the past couple of months (mostly after eating). I saw a GP about it and it was probably a slight stomach injury after ibuprofen (I was treated for stomach ulcers last year and did not realize NSAIDs were a no-no for me after that). I took some PPIs and the issue was mostly solved but I kept getting those right side pains. I had an appointment with Gastroenterologist anyway because of my bowel issues (probably IBS), but he still had me do the standard liver enzyme tests. So I did. And most of them came out fine (ALT, AST, GGTP, ALP, Amylase)! And I even had an ultrasound done which also did not find anything. All was fine that is.... with the exception of bilirubin which was markedly elevated
Total Bilirubin 46,06 mmol (norm up to 20,52)
Direct Bilirubin 11,60 mmol (norm up to 5,13)
Indirect Bilirubin 34,46 mmol (norm up to 17)

Needless to say this terrified me because well... liver issue bad. Oddly enough despite my bilirubin being clearly in the "Yellow Submarine" zone I'm not actually jaundiced.

In a state of mortal panic (dr. Google was not helpful at all) I saw a GP who said this probably Gilbert Syndrome. So I read up on that and it usually only causes a rise in the Indirect fraction which left me massively confused and still extremely worried at times. I'm soing the gastroenterologist tomorrow evening, but the closer I get to the date the more worried I become. What if it is not Gilbert? What if this is something way more serious like the beginnings of Cirrhosis or something like that :(