Thread: What could this be?

What could this be?

Hi everyone,

Currently having a relapse of HA and could do with some help.

Over the past five/six weeks I’ve had bloating and very light stomach cramps and at first I didn’t think too much of it (before the HA returned!) but last week I visited a doctor. They examined my stomach and said they couldn’t feel anything abnormal, also arranged a urine and blood tests. All have come back normal apart from slightly low Haemoglobin and ferritin, have arranged an appointment on Tuesday to discuss this.

Now the feeling seems to more around the pelvis area, it feels quite tight with light cramps and I’ve been needing to urinate more frequently. If I push down it’s uncomfortable, slightly painful, and I’ve noticed when I have a seatbelt on it feels uncomfortable round that area. Any ideas what this could be, and has anyone had similar? I’m going to discuss with my doctor on Tuesday, but it’s reassuring she didn’t think anything was wrong on my last visit and I’m thinking if it was something serious the blood tests would surely have shown something else? Just worried something could have been missed.

I really appreciate this site and everyone who replies. I have got through HA before and know I can do it again, just going through a bad spell now ☹️

Re: What could this be?

Bad spells happen every now and then to all of us. Sorry you’re in the middle of one at the moment.

Yes it’s reassuring that your tests have come back mostly normal. I’m sure the other bits are nothing much to worry about either. You’re following the right path, and that’s really good too.

Abdominal cramps and increased urination are so common with anxiety. Can you think of anything that’s set you off?

Thanks for your message 😊

Yes - I’ve had low ferritin a few years back, so I’m not worried about that.

No - I think I did genuinely have stomach issues for a few weeks, which has brought back the health anxiety and that could be making them worse again or it could be something wrong that the tests haven’t picked up.

Update:

Getting stomach pains from the iron tablets now which I’ve had before.

I have now noticed a pain on my right side, right near the pelvic bone. I actually first noticed it a few weeks ago after exercise. I exercised on Monday and it felt worse then, was fine all week and I’ve exercised today and it’s made it worse.

It started during the exercise this morning and has continued throughout the day but it’s obviously been on my mind.

My question is, how can you tell if it’s muscular or not? It doesn’t hurt to touch. I would describe it as a sort of pulled feeling.

Morning. I too have had a pain in my right side for the last twelve weeks. Only went to the Doc two weeks ago as I was getting anxious that it was taking so long to heal. NHS websites state muscle pulls should heal within 6 weeks - hence my PANIC ! Of course since hitting the PANIC button I now experience nausea, persistent anxiety, google everything and self diagnose all terminal illnesses known to man and a few that aren't ! Sleepless nights, body temp swings, lethargy and low mood - all good fun eh?
    Had blood tests taken and generally all ok but they phoned to ask me to come in which of course sent the imagination into overdrive. Cholesterol slightly high and my bilirubin levels higher than normal range , at 32 - range = 0-21.
    However I knew both of these facts from a blood test taken back in 2011 and the bilirubin issue isn't an issue apparently. (apparently 5-10 % of population have it )

In short, yes I have a pulled oblique muscle which I have managed to turn into an anxiety issue and the more I think about it the more I PANIC !
    I would say if it feels like a pulled muscle then it is a pulled muscle !
    Now, would you kindly tell me mine is also a pulled muscle and to get a bloomin' grip !

You have to laugh (or you’ll cry as I have done every day for the past week haha &#128553

Same situation with the bloods in that I had low ferritin about five years back, didn’t worry at all back then but now I’m worried it’s a sign of something else!

I’m sure yours is a pulled muscle, and if it’s lasted longer than suggested then maybe you’ve aggravated it again so it hasn’t had the chance to heal?

Sending positive thoughts xxx

Your positive thoughts are gratefully received . Yes being mid 50s I have to accept that there is no more spring in my chicken … and things will take longer to heal.
    I'm sending a concentrated beam of positivity back to you and I'm sure you'll be back on an even keel soon enough. Meanwhile catch one of these …

Thanks very much 😊 and I’m sure there’s lots of spring left in your chicken!!

Thread Information