Thread: Chronic worrying, fear that something bad will happen

Chronic worrying, fear that something bad will happen

Hi.

I am not sure If I am going to be able to express myself very well. But my thoughts are actually getting stronger when something GOOD happens.

Right now, at this moment, everything is going quite well. I actually feel happy, which is unusual for me. 99% percent of the time I am an anxious mess, worrying about everything and anything.

Now, when there are some good things happening, I am afraid to FEEL ok. It is like, if I don't worry, something will inevitably go wrong. It sounds so illogical when I think about it. It seems like worrying gives me some sort of reassurance. It is absurd.

What can I do ? I want to enjoy the good days...

Re: Chronic worrying, fear that something bad will happen

I suppose that you must never give up the anxiety exercises that you use when you feel bad, because your anxiety is still seeping in, and you’re still letting it.

Easier said than done I know. How do you manage your anxiety in other times?

Re: Chronic worrying, fear that something bad will happen

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyesShining View Post
    Hi.

I am not sure If I am going to be able to express myself very well. But my thoughts are actually getting stronger when something GOOD happens.

Right now, at this moment, everything is going quite well. I actually feel happy, which is unusual for me. 99% percent of the time I am an anxious mess, worrying about everything and anything.

Now, when there are some good things happening, I am afraid to FEEL ok. It is like, if I don't worry, something will inevitably go wrong. It sounds so illogical when I think about it. It seems like worrying gives me some sort of reassurance. It is absurd.

What can I do ? I want to enjoy the good days...
    It sounds like you're on the up and you're making progress in recovery Just roll with it. There's going to be good days and bad days, especially if you're usually an anxious mess. Push the anxiety feelings aside and give them no thought. If you feel like being happy, then jump around and be happy. You've earned it

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information