Thread: Blood

Blood

Hi, ive been worrying for around 5 months now abour bowel cancer. It all started with blood covered stools. Seen Dr and she said i had a tear and it should heal. Since then i have become obsessed with my toilet habits. I have not had a solid movement since that day and still occasionally get blood. A few times i have had to run real quick to the toilet after eating. I went back to Dr and she done a fecal calprotectin test and said i had a pile. Test results were normal indicating no inflammation. If i had bowel cancer would this have come back positive?. This is really tearing me up. I have become so obsessed that i have fished my own stool out the toilet to check it for blood, i am in a constant state of panic. I am somewhat paralyzed by the fear. The Dr said she wasnt concerned about my symptoms and they are due to my anxiety (why can't i believe her)?. I am gutted to be this panicked and i feel a total failure. My plan is to go back to gp tomorrow and ask for a colonoscopy which she already said no to. How can i get over this fear when im still bleeding from the bum?. X

Re: Blood

Accept what the doctor tells you? Occasional blood isn't a big deal.

I wish it was that easy Blueiris. So if i had bowel cancer would blood be in every stool?

I'm not a GP, but from personal experience you need to treat the health anxiety rather than the nonexistent cancer.

I have been treating it. Ive had health anxiety for 13 years so im doing not too bad getting this far and this being the only thing thats holding me back. Im just looking for people in a similar situation that had a good outcome in orser to give me temporary relief from this awful spiral

For what it's worth, I bleed from the backside occasionally. Never seen anybody about it but it doesn't concern me overly.

I get a lot of bleeding caused by piles and IBS so it doesn't have to be cancer.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ive been to see gp. Ive been given a cream and pessary incase theres internal hemorrhoids and been referred to active forth which is a gp led excercise/gym/swim membership. Been told i do not fit the criteria for bowel cancer under age 40 and ive to carry on with the fluoxetine and go back in 10 fays where they will see if dosage needs upped. X

Thread Information