Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelvic pain causing my current panic

Re: Pelvic pain causing my current panic

Ovarian cysts can cause a lot of pain! I also have several fibroids that intermittently cause all the symptoms you're describing. There are so many benign reasons for this kind of pain. It could even be gastro - just gas pains or constipation. All this stuff combines to make me feel like shit like 2/3 of the month!

I am SO glad I have people like you to turn to on here. Reading your replies help me more than I can say. The closer my appt date gets the worse my anxiety is. The pain is real and when I start hurting my mind wanders to every terrible diagnosis I can think of. Thank you for the replies! I needed to hear this to help calm my nerves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be thinking of you x! Please keep us updated

Thank you LouiseAndy! Tomorrow morning is my gynecology appt.

This morning I had a whole different set of issues. I suddenly had chest pain in the center of my chest that radiating through to my back then my throat felt like it was being squeezed. It hurt SO bad! I drove toward the ER but ended up at the clinic after I calmed down when my pain went away. They cleared my heart with EKG, etc. the doctor said he feels certain it was esophageal spasm. I feel he is right. I have taken care of people with them before and they are NO PICNIC.

I had been having the female issues that I had posted about. What I had not added was that I also have a feeling of fullness and pressure under my right ribs radiating thru to my lower back. I’ve been questioning possible gallbladder issues. Of course in my warped frame of mind, I am terrified that I have female cancer that has spread to my liver and spine hence the array of symptoms I am experiencing. I had blood work for amylase and lipase drawn for liver and cmp and CBC. He also did an h pylori test and a chest X-ray today. I will have my gynecology appt in the morning and the gallbladder us in the eve Tomor. The tests have sent me into HA overdrive. I will be a wreck until all the tests are thru. Sorry to ramble.

Aw, Hun! I'm sorry you had such a stressful morning! I'm glad the EKG was a good result! I've had h pylori in the past and it was horrible! I was so ill with it, I remember I used to sit on the bathroom floor unable to move! Never feel sorry for coming on here during a bad patch x

Thank you LouiseAndy for letting me “decompress” lol so the nurse just called and left a message that she was expecting me to return her call. I about jumped out of my skin with worry! I just KNEW my test results were abnormal. I even mouthed a prayer while I dialed the number. She said I just called to let you know your xray is normal and your labs are as well!!! my gallbladder ultrasound will be next Wednesday. If I can make it through the gynecology appointment tomor and any subsequent testing related to my female complaints, I will feel SO much better!! I had it in my head that my liver function studies would be abnormal as well as my amylase and lipase. Oh and I just knew deep down that something would be on the chest X-ray bc....well bc I am in full blown panic mode I feel tons better after that call and hope that soon I can completely put this episode behind me!!

Good luck today

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    Good luck today
    You are so very thoughtful!! When I get settled I will post an update on this thread. Thanks so much

So I had my exams this morning. I had a routine pap (it had been since 2010 I am ashamed to say), pelvic exam, breast exam, bacterial swabs. She said everything looked good while doing the pap and she felt nothing abnormal during the pelvic and breast exams. I told her about all of the symptoms I had been having for about a month...pain, mild bleeding after sex, shooting pains into the vagina and rectum at times. I am to call back in 2 weeks for the pap results and a vaginal ultrasound will be done on 09/26 to look for ovarian cysts and look at my uterus. She said the next plan of action is to get an endometrial biopsy. I guess when she saw my reaction to this is when she said the reason for this is bc when women present with any abnormal bleeding whatsoever, this is what we do. I said so it’s just precautionary? She said yes. It is just precautionary. She even went as far as to say I’m not expecting that at all. She did mention that if I am still in pain she would consider looking into pursuing endometriosis as a cause if all else were negative. I had her to inspect a labial nodule (since she was already down there ) that I had found about 6 months ago. It’s pea sized and hard yet painless. I, of course, let scary thoughts of vulvar ca enter my mind at times about this. She said oh that’s what I feel is a blocked gland and is nothing to worry about and moved onto something else. I guess when she saw I was concerned she said OR we can take it out if it bothers u and will make u feel better so I will have that removed and sent for biopsy on the 26th as well! She was an extremely thorough doctor and I feel so relieved that today is over! I will feel much better when the ultrasound and biopsy are completed and results back and I can find a solid diagnosis of hopefully something common and benign

Interesting. I had a phone call from the clinic. It seems one of my swabs are already back from testing and I have BV. What is interesting is I would’ve never guessed that. I have no noticeable discharge, no odor and no itching. I have read up on it since the diagnosis, however, and it can cause severe pain and even PID which could possibly explain the pain, bleeding after sex...all of it. I will be more than thrilled if 7 days of this medication will take all of this away! I will start it tomor morning bc you can’t take it with alcohol and I have already enjoyed a drink tonight. I will update after medication for education’s sake. Thanks everyone and I hope all are well

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information