Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelvic pain causing my current panic

Re: Pelvic pain causing my current panic

I’m glad you had such a great doctor, and have already received some help! Hope the medicine makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’m glad you had such a great doctor, and have already received some help! Hope the medicine makes a big difference.
    Thank you Scass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you had a good doctor! I hope the tablets help out xx

LONG ONE!! I had a gallbladder ultrasound done today because of the previously mentioned right rib and back pain. Tests just send me into a tizzy!! I’m getting a lot done all at once so maybe I should’ve spread them out for the sake of my health anxiety? I’m still waiting for results of the Pap smear and now a gallbladder ultrasound. I’m worried that it’s my liver or kidneys causing me pain and discomfort and of course my anxiety makes me think it’s from the c word spreading from my pelvis to my liver and kidneys I asked the technician if everything looked ok and all he said was “well I’m not calling to get you a hospital room ready” and “the doctor will get the report by tonight.” Of course I know they can’t say but I have analyzed that last statement to death. I didn’t dare look at the screen while he was doing it. I was too scared that I would see something. My most feared test got scheduled the furthest date out. I go for my ultrasound of the pelvis on 09/26. That’s where all my pain originated so I’m fearful of what they will find there. I’m still taking the antibiotics for the BV and it seemed to help the uterine pain some. I still have ovary pain, however, as well as the right rib and back pain. I have had a CT a few days ago. A ct of the abdomen and pelvis which showed a small uterine fibroid, degenerative disc disease at L5-S1 and diverticulosis. Other than that, the study was unremarkable. I keep trying to reassure myself that something ominous would’ve probably shown up on the CT and not to be scared of the ultrasound but that would be too easy! I’m a nurse people and I still can’t rationalize with myself on these tests. The pain is for sure there and real. That’s why my anxiety is high.

Just to update my thread for anyone with this long list of odd complaints...

Ultrasound of the gallbladder showed gallstones with no wall thickening. Liver, pancreas, and spleen unremarkable. Thank you Jesus!

Appointment with the surgeon in the morning about removing my gallbladder. He called today and said even people with no wall thickening and no elevated WBC can have the symptoms I am having and feel much better after removal. I am having low grade temp at the moment and my blood pressure is slightly elevated (I am assuming from pain and worry). He said I have had a good work up and he is confident the pain is coming from my gallbladder.

Now i have the vaginal ultrasound next Friday to evaluate my ovaries and uterus. After that, I will feel much better. That will be the last testing. I have figured out that testing and waiting for results causes my HA to kick into overdrive
    but I am BEYOND excited that testing cleared my liver, pancreas, spleen and appendix. I had some darks moments and thoughts about all of them I hope all of you are well today.

Met with the surgeon yesterday. If I can keep my symptoms of gallstones controlled with diet and the discomfort to a minimum, I will wait until I get home to have the surgery. (We are 15 hours from home working in the Permian basin bc of the oil boom). We should be headed back home in about 3 weeks and will stay around 2 weeks.

Idk if I should credit my anxiety with it or what but I will feel better being home and not on the road during surgery. The surgeon and staff were friendly and I’m sure are very competent but being in health care I am rather particular about who I will go to. I know the staff around home and will feel better there.

I hope all are well.

I'm not sure what to say- just writing to say I'm thinking of you! My best friend was very, very ill for about a year. When they knew it was her gallbladder causing the issues, they removed it- she's been so good without any issues once since! It can be a nasty old thing!

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    I'm not sure what to say- just writing to say I'm thinking of you! My best friend was very, very ill for about a year. When they knew it was her gallbladder causing the issues, they removed it- she's been so good without any issues once since! It can be a nasty old thing!
    Thank you LouiseAndy just replying and letting me know you are thinking of me is plenty! It very reassuring to hear that your friend did well after. I’m hoping for the same outcome. It had given me a hard time for sure!

I got a call from my Gyn office saying that my pap was negative for any abnormalities! I am so relieved!!! Now to just get this ultrasound of the pelvis done on Friday. I pray it is unremarkable and then I will feel so much more confident.

I think you’ve coped really well with so many tests!
    And yes, the CT scan probably showed up anything in your pelvis alreasdy. Is it an internal ultrasound you’re having next week?
    Diverticulosis can also give you the symptoms you’re getting, are they treating you for that too?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information