Thread: Fang marks on my neck!

Fang marks on my neck!

As the title suggests, I have fang marks on my neck. I noticed them last night before going to bed, and they’re about .2-.3cm apart. As far as I can tell, they’re not scabs or anything, and I put rubbing alcohol on them and they didn’t sting.

I have a really bad bat phobia that pops up every once in a while. Since going to India, I’ve actually been a little less anxious here in the States, but these dots have me somewhat on edge.

I don’t want to bother a doctor in person with this, so I just wanted to clarify here:

I did not see a bat in my apartment, did not wake up to a bat flying or a bat on my neck, and definitely was not bitten outside while awake, so I’m in clear for rabies, right? I wasn’t able to check the apartment, really, because I got up and left for a weekend vacation and won’t be back until tomorrow, but I never saw a bat while I was there.

I’m worried that if there was a bat, it’ll be gone by the time I get back tonight!

Re: Fang marks on my neck!

It was NOT a bat.

What help are you getting for this phobia?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can’t afford therapy right now, unfortunately. :/ I mostly try to get over it on my own. Sometimes I like to ask for a voice of reason.

Just because it LOOKS like a fang mark, doesn't mean it is. I've had plenty of "looks like a fang mark" scares and obviously they never were. If there was a bat in your apartment you'd know, it wouldn't be able to just get in your apartment, bite you and walk out the door. Think about how noticeable it is when a bee or fly get into your apartment, bats are way bigger, if you saw a bat, you'd know.

You can do online therapy that is free.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information