Thread: Kidney infection?

Unhappy Kidney infection?

Hi everyone, first post on here. I'm driving myself crazy at the moment and making myself feel physically sick. Last Thurs I woke with pains in my right side under ribs, by Fri morning it had gone to the bottom of my back as well as my side. Went to Dr and she said there was a trace of blood in urine sample, I was feeling sick, sweating and shivering so was prescribed antibiotics for a week for kidney infection. However since then the pain in my side has got worse and I feel its moving to the front of my body near belly button and still lower back. All at the right hand side. I'm so worried and keep thinking I'm gonna burst into tears. Can this be a kidney infection would I get pain at the front too? Stupidly googled it and have freaked myself right out. Thanks for reading xx

Re: Kidney infection?

Hi Pebbs. I've had a pain in right side with same symptons as yours. Had it now for 12 weeks and went to the docs two weeks ago. I think it mine is an oblique muscle strain. I get pain under right rib, down to the front right of my tummy and down my side and into my back. The pain isn't terrible just mild to sore and doesn't last all the time. Braely notice it lying down but do when active - which strongly suggests muscle strain. Had blood tests and these came back normal ( except for Liver bilirubin which is high but I knew this from tests in 2011 - and nothing to fret about, Gilbert's syndrome apparently).
    In your case it too is probably muscular - they can vary in pain from mild to agonising and cause fever, nausea and worse of all … 'wildis imaginitis' which is highly contagious !

If it is a kidney infection then these are treated very successfully and you'll soon be feeling a lot more positive.

Thread Information