Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use?

Question What browser do you use?

I can't decide

Re: What browser do you use?

I'm a fan of chrome! Personal

On several laptops I've used IE, Firefox, Chrome and on my latest Edge. I rate Chrome as the best for speed, easy add-ons and the interface.

Edge has a similiar theme to Chrome but it has always had a major design flaw in that if you have a load of tabs open and Windows crashes when you restart you lose all those open tabs and there is no history to recall them from (unless you refreshed them before the crash so that they appear in the browser history list). Another flaw, which seems to happen a lot less now so may have been fixed, is that it stops recording history after a while because the log is full and you have to clear it out.

Firefox was nice but I found it crashes some times. Chrome is more consistent for me.

IE is just very slow these days. Edge is the stripped down version that has obviously been copied from Chrome in it's interface and looks.

I use Chrome.
    Its more consistently reliable.
    We concentrate on using Chrome at work as well.
    Advantage with Chrome is that you can log into Chrome as well.

DO NOT use Firefox or Chrome

Both call home. Neither have anything to tackle ads or spam and both will collect your data and use it for marketing purposes.

Instead, install Brave Browser. It's based on Chromium (same engine Chrome uses) but is focused on privacy and security. It includes ad blockers out of the box so you no longer see ads, and websites can not track you.

https://brave.com/

This is how many ads I've blocked since reinstalling a month ago:

4u9pNXe.jpg

I use Opera or Firefox.
    Both have private window settings to avoid tracking etc.
    Both fast and reliable.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I prefer Pale Moon (A Firefox Fork) for my browsing needs - no complaints thus far and I've been using it for quite some time now. It doesn't phone home as much as Mozilla Firefox, they've removed much of the Telemetry out of the box. Its Lightweight and open source as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    DO NOT use Firefox or ChromeBoth call home. Neither have anything to tackle ads or spam and both will collect your data and use it for marketing purposes.Instead, install Brave Browser. It's based on Chromium (same engine Chrome uses) but is focused on privacy and security. It includes ad blockers out of the box so you no longer see ads, and websites can not track you.https://brave.com/This is how many ads I've blocked since reinstalling a month ago:4u9pNXe.jpg
    Wired... Thanks for the Brave Browser tip. I'm giving it a go and so far it seems faster than my usual Firefox.

my bowser is chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Wired... Thanks for the Brave Browser tip. I'm giving it a go and so far it seems faster than my usual Firefox.
    I find it's much quicker than Chrome and Firefox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information