Thread: Swollen breast and lump found!

Swollen breast and lump found!

Hello,
    As the title states I've a swollen boob. For several weeks. Right one, and the Drs found a large lump. My breast feels warm, sore, stingy and heavy.
    My boobs are huge, bumpy, and lumpy and all that jazz so doing boob exams are not easy! He found the lump quickly and has referred me to the cancer clinic on 2 week wait.
    What I heard besides the screaming of my anxiety, pounding of my heart and deafening tinnitus was: It's big. It's smoothish, pebble like. It's causing discomfort. The breasts definitely changed shape.
    He said possibly a large "breast mouse" but will probably need a biopsy...
    My HA is so high, I wasn't expecting a lump. Hell, I put it off as I've lost weight (near 5
    stone on purpose) and my breasts resemble melted cheese bags these days. But I knew Dr Google wouldn't/doesn't help so I but the proverbial bullet and saw Dr. Typical he was cute!
    Anyhow.... is this ringing a bell with anyone? Need some calm! Hugs to all xxxx

Re: Swollen breast and lump found!

Sorry, that sounds terrifying. Sending warm wishes your way, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by moo35 View Post
    Hello,
    As the title states I've a swollen boob. For several weeks. Right one, and the Drs found a large lump. My breast feels warm, sore, stingy and heavy.
    My boobs are huge, bumpy, and lumpy and all that jazz so doing boob exams are not easy! He found the lump quickly and has referred me to the cancer clinic on 2 week wait.
    What I heard besides the screaming of my anxiety, pounding of my heart and deafening tinnitus was: It's big. It's smoothish, pebble like. It's causing discomfort. The breasts definitely changed shape.
    He said possibly a large "breast mouse" but will probably need a biopsy...
    My HA is so high, I wasn't expecting a lump. Hell, I put it off as I've lost weight (near 5
    stone on purpose) and my breasts resemble melted cheese bags these days. But I knew Dr Google wouldn't/doesn't help so I but the proverbial bullet and saw Dr. Typical he was cute!
    Anyhow.... is this ringing a bell with anyone? Need some calm! Hugs to all xxxx

Sorry i I don’t have any experience with this but just wanted to say I’m thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed for a benign condition. You must be so worried and the wait will be hard. Well done on your weight loss that’s an amazing achievement x

The vast majority of breast clinic visits turn out to be benign, but that doesn’t make the waiting - and worrying - any easier.
    There are a few people on here with lots of experience of breast issues - I’m sure they will offer specific advice if you need it. Good luck!

Hey hun I have what’s called a breast mouse, they are smooth and marble like ( not necessarily in size I mean feel) and they move around in your fingers - they biopsied mine too - basically they can grow with a fluctuation of hormones - discovered mine in pregnancy but it could of been there forever and just grown - don’t worry too much, like someone else said 80% of cases are benign! Xx

Thread Information