Thread: Bruising easily.... worried

Bruising easily.... worried

Hi all,

I’ve noticed over the past few weeks that i have been getting small bruises on my arms and legs. I put this down to recent travelling but now getting a bit worried as i sat down on something hard and it knocked the top of my leg and i now have a very black/purple bruise. I also noticed a small bruise on my arm. The ones from travelling appeared to clear quite quickly (2 weeks tops)

I am so worried its leukemia as i suffer with HA but can’t seem to get any reassurance. I woke up today feeling a bit run down an i can feel as though my glands in my neck are up.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thank you!!!

Re: Bruising easily.... worried

We have loads of posts about this so do a search but not one of them has turned out to be serious.

I am always covered in bruises as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I agree, there are plenty of posts here about this. My fiance has this problem from time to time as well. She'll often find bruises all over that she has no recollection of doing anything for them to pop up. I've had it happen several times over the years as well.

My wife and daughter are walking bruise factories. They have no idea where they come from, but some folks just bruise very easily.

Hi
    I replied to someone else's post about this a couple of days ago. I think it's actually more common than you realise. I don't know if you are female but I definitely think it's linked to hormones and I also find I bruise more when my diet is a bit off and I'm not eating properly.

There's are lots of vitamin deficiencies that can cause this and I also know I just go through periods of being clumsier than usual and end up with a variety of bruises on my arms and legs!

From the sounds of it you know how you got the bruises and that's the main thing. If you were waking up covered in bruises that you didn't know how you'd got then it would be worth checking out but if you know how you've done it then it all sounds pretty normal.

Having said that I do sympathise this is one of my fears and every now and then I worry about it, even though it's been happening to me as long as I can remember and my mum is exactly the same!

I agree with all previous posters. I bruise very easily - which I think can be due to being female, getting older (50 now) and I also remember my mom bruised easy so maybe hereditary. I also take daily low dose aspirin which definitely increases bruising. If you are keeping up with regular bloodwork that would clearly prove that nothing bad is going on.

My anxiety has been ok for a while and I stopped coming on here but I had a few bruises that came up which scared the shit out of me.

My bloods came up fine so I'm relieved. I guess people just bruise easy.

If your labs were fine, you are fine but I can sympathize. I used to wake up with bruises and have no idea how I got them when I was younger. I am 37 now and sometimes I get freaked out over how easy I bruise. I hate getting my blood drawn because even if the tech managed to get blood on the first stick (I am a very hard stick) and it didnt hurt a few hours later I have a small but nasty bruise. Then as the days go by it gets bigger and uglier. Most of the times it takes a week and a half to go away fully.

Kingdawson, anxiety for some is a life long battle. We can go a long time dealing fairly well and then we are triggered in some way and we go off the rails for a minute. It's okay though because a lot of times we can reason with ourselves and learn to recognize our patterns and get back on track.

Thread Information