Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit/politics anxiety

Re: Brexit/politics anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Alright, I admit it, I'm still worried. Why, they're running a whole ad campaign around it now! That's like tantamount to running Protect and Survive! Didn't we pass a bill preventing a no-deal? What'll happen then, we get a default or something?
    They passed a Bill to instruct the PM to ask for an extension in the event of No Deal. The EU can always refuse that since our law has no hold over them. They are currently fighting over whether Boris will do it and the prorogue. If the EU agree an extension it's just more of the same pursuing a deal. They have to run awareness campaigns so people can make provisions like firms that import/export or use EU staff (which they will have been working on for ages just in case), travellers into the EU, etc.

But if they refuse - why, the results could be disastrous for all of us!

I'm with you, Frank, I just don't see any point in wasting energy worrying about something I have absolutely zero control over. Life goes on.

It's unlikely the EU will refuse despite Macron waving his sabre around, something he does quite a bit. The change in government and looming GE is a very valid reason to extend. Despite Boris I expect they would find a way to deal with it and they can always call a vote of no confidence and install a caretaker government.

We are about to enter a massive Depression! The 1% is destroying the foundations of our country and the 99% are hurting!

I have been watching the current Brexit debate with deep disbelief and i watched Question Time tonight and felt very anxious and stupidly watched yesterday's parliament debate . No matter what side you are on it is definitely a trigger for my anxiety and it is making me worry about work, family ,travel and finances etc which are other triggers for me. I think it plays into my doom scenarios and that chaos is around the corner, which it isn't we have many structures in British society which will stop that ie Civil Servants mainly run he country not MPs so do Judges, police chiefs and whole tiers of local government. A lot of media and politicians are taking positions that are controversial and polarised to make a name for themselves or to sell their news . It is not war its not a disaster it s the UK leaving a trading block after a referendum. It does make me think though what species some MPs are because I cannot really equate them as similar to me and my day to day struggles.
    I took a propranolol 40mg tonight for the first time in about 3 months.
    RCS
    Last edited by rcs; 27-09-19 at 00:04.

brexit has caused me the highest anxiety and panic , its terrible how it has affected families and division . we are all given a vote and choose what we think best and then vote, usually with a GE if the side you voted for win or lose people rant on for a few days and then life gets back to normal, with brexit it has gone on too long , both side remain or lose are in a state of frustration remainers are fearful of the country coming to a crash with shortages of food and medicines, leavers are frustrated because their vote looks like it counts for nothing because they feel they are ignored. Whichever way we voted we should all look at the way brexit has been dealt with by the mp's because no matter what they voted they are there to serve us and do the will of the people. they have caused all this stress and fear for us , it would have been done and finished by now if they'd have got on with it and we'd be a year post brexit , who knows the country might have already been prospering and everyone would be calm again , but i do believe that either way we need an end to this for everyone's sakes we cannot go on like this , there is a division and its really sad to see our nation verbally abusing each other over brexit . we need to leave now so we can all move on and get our lives back because remain or leave it has been in our faces daily for over three years, it isn't healthy for any of us .I voted to leave because i want our country to be independent and govern itself , I have remain friends and family who are now just wanting us to leave to be able to move on its getting everyone down .

I have heightened anxiety because i have been abused verbally for voting to leave by people around me , i went to counselling a few times the first time was when i my own gp counselled me and she said be honest about what is cuasing you anxiety and so i told her , she wasn't happy with me she told me i was wrong to have voted leave,and gave me a lecture about it all , i left the surgery in tears and the anxiety went down hill from there , i had another counselling session and all the guy did was talk about himself and i ended up counselling him . I actually feel i have nowhere to turn and now i know my gp knows i voted leave i have the feeling i won't get any help with illnesses from her , i haven't been back for months and i am struggling a lot , i am diabetic and my blood sugar is up and down like a yo yo ,i don't feel well at all , regardless of my vote i don't think i needed to be told off for my right to vote .

I hope i don't lose my friends on here this is my only help and that is the truth. I am from a town where we voted over seventy per cent leave .
    I don't think we will fail as a country i think we will prosper , nobody has a crystal ball so we have to wait and see, but for me i dont' want any more extensions because it is making me ill , i just think now it needs to end for us all . we all have to live together and having uncertainty and extensions makes me even worse, for me it is like i won a prize and now i can't have the prize and if we don't leave it feels like my winning ticket has gone to the losing side and that seems unfair , as a nation we need to work at this together to make the best of the result, if we don't try we won't know , if we can't get along we will never live in harmony .x Peace and love to everyone , lets be positive it is the only option if we really in our hearts want fairness x

Quote Originally Posted by rcs View Post
    I have been watching the current Brexit debate with deep disbelief and i watched Question Time tonight and felt very anxious and stupidly watched yesterday's parliament debate . No matter what side you are on it is definitely a trigger for my anxiety and it is making me worry about work, family ,travel and finances etc which are other triggers for me. I think it plays into my doom scenarios and that chaos is around the corner, which it isn't we have many structures in British society which will stop that ie Civil Servants mainly run he country not MPs so do Judges, police chiefs and whole tiers of local government. A lot of media and politicians are taking positions that are controversial and polarised to make a name for themselves or to sell their news . It is not war its not a disaster it s the UK leaving a trading block after a referendum. It does make me think though what species some MPs are because I cannot really equate them as similar to me and my day to day struggles.
    I took a propranolol 40mg tonight for the first time in about 3 months.
    RCS
    I feel your anxiety .

We are about to enter a massive Depression! The 1% is destroying the foundations of our country and the 99% are hurting!
    You don't know that though , its only what we've been constantly told for over three years , and it hurts to read this because as a leaver i am really struggling with anxiety as i feel frustrated and angry that i won and i can't have my prize . I hate it that we as a country are being treated so unfairly , remain or leave we should have moved on by now but the powers that be have tried to stop us leaving and it is them that have caused fear .We won't sink our economy is great but nobody has a crystal ball and we need to leave so we can all move on . I am very anxious and struggling the worse right now , but only because i feel my vote doesn't count because the mp's are not doing their jobs .

Frank, we've been through recessions plenty of times and they end so even if it does happen the world isn't going to end.

As for the 1%, do you think they have been any different throughout the history of every country on planet earth? And no, politicians are disingenous when they talk about the 99% because that elite 1% doesn't include lots of people who have plenty of money e.g. professionals. Do you really think the consultants at your local hospital will be at the food banks soon?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information