Thread: Asking your advice

Asking your advice

The good news I have is that I'm finally at a point where I'm in the beginning stages of learning to manage my anxiety. All I have read and researched is finally setting into my brain in a way that I'm learning to change my thoughts, and calm myself so that I can begin the process of healing. Truth be told, I'm sick of living this way any longer and want to get back to my healthy, productive life, not walking around exhausted, in pain and 24/7 dizzy. I'm happy to feel I'm now in control instead of my thoughts taking control. That being said, I'm not in a panic or worried state these past few days and I know its probably going to take months to calm my system down to the point where I actually feel better, but my question to someone else who is learning or who has learned to begin the process of healing is this- do symptoms kind of just hit you out of the blue? I know panic and anxiety can hit out of the blue, but I'm saying that I feel calm, I'm not worried about anything and I'm managing my anxiety quite well, but out of the blue I'm getting heart palpitations, woozier, and feel that general unwell feeling, but I'm not responding to it. I'm not panicking over it, just riding it out. That in itself is huge progress for me, but why random symptoms with no panic? I'm always dizzy, so that, I'm sure will take quite a while to go away as I consistently calm. Can anyone else relate and talk to me? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Asking your advice

In my experience. YES. They absolutely do - or do absolutely - ( grammarians please ? ) Presently I'm 'enjoying' a dalliance with my health anxiety. It began three months ago with pulled oblique muscles which still ache and have stopped me from cycling, swimming and long walks. Various web pages tell me they should be healed within 6 weeks so … PANIC! Over the last few months I've slipped back into the doom laden thinking processes and have self diagnosed most terminal illnesses known to man … plus a few others not known to man !
    Had blood tests a few weeks ago and they were all in spec except Bilirubin levels (mine 32, normal 0-21). I wasn't too surprised as I was told this about 9 years back … I thinks it's called Gilberts Syndrome which if you're in desperate need of a syndrome this is one to be proud of. They're going to re do the bloods in 6 weeks time for a double check.
    No doubt in the next six weeks I shall continue to feel a little off balance, shite in the mornings with adrenaline overloads causing a weird 'wired' feeling and multiple coloured stool production in a stop-go-stop-go conveyor of unpredictability.
    Dizzy ? Yup. Light Headed ? Yup. Poor appetite ? Yup. Weight loss (slight presently) Yup. Heart palps ? Yup.
    So … in summary … all was tickety boo until this oblique muscle strain ( fingers crossed it ain't sarcoma - see ? I'm at it again). The first signs that anxiety were creeping back into my life were all those signs you mention … out of the blue to feeling blue and messing with my poo.
    Onwards and upwards. Ride the waves.

Re: Asking your advice

Thank you for your response. I can't say anxiety is creeping back into my life, as I'm new to the beginning stage of managing it. Strange how the symptoms can creep in when the anxiety level is at its' lowest. I'm in the early stages of keeping the anxiety low and it's frustrating to see the symptoms can be just as strong as when you're in full panic/anxiety mode. I did ride the wave so to speak, and only got slightly anxious and didn't allow the symptoms to get to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thread Information