Thread: Feeling terrible again 😢

Feeling terrible again 😢

Hi everyone,

I posted last week about my worries and how my health anxiety has returned.

This past week has been awful again - it’s just like how I felt when things were at their worst three years ago - I just feel so worried something is going to happen to me or to someone I love, and like there isn’t any point in planning or doing anything because I’m not going to be around for it anyway.

I’m 27 and know that even if something bad was going to happen it’s extremely unlikely and I am just wasting time worrying instead of enjoying myself.

Just need some positive thoughts please from people who understand what it’s like to feel like this ☹️

Re: Feeling terrible again 😢

Sorry you're having a rough time - is it worth having a chat with your GP so you can get help to get back on an even keel again?

Thanks 😊 do you mean re therapy, or just a check up? I was thinking of going privately for therapy as the waiting list is so long.

Just going to enquire about therapy and maybe medication - it might not hurt to touch base, but you know yourself best.

I visited last week and had blood tests and gave a urine sample as I was worried about stomach issues, they’re all fine apart from slightly low iron. Might be an idea to talk about how I’m feeling but I don’t like to say I’m feeling anxious as I feel like they won’t take my worries seriously because of it.

What I've found is that if you're honest about your health anxiety and show that you're aware of it, GPs will pay more attention to your concerns.

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I get the same thoughts when my anxiety flares up. I worry that the GP isn't taking me seriously, but then when she does it freaks me out because I think she must think something is wrong! I also find it hard to plan or think about the future a lot of the time. Meditation has been helping me through a rough spot recently. I use an app morning and night and sometimes during the day when my thoughts get the better of me. All the best and I hope you are feeling less stressed very soon.

I must say I agree with blueiris about being honest about your ha with your doctor. My gp is aware of my HA (it's been a result of traumatic period but became a issue on it own.) I hope you feel better soon x This is just a small set back! We're all allowed to have bad moments and slips

Thread Information