Thread: Strange period

Strange period

Hello, I’ve been taking cerezzette on and off (mainly on)for about 8 years now periods were good sometimes not having one for months. I stopped for 6 weeks back in April and when I started again my periods were fine came every 4 weeks like clockwork for 5-7 days they weren’t particularly heavy or painful. This month came as usual and hasn’t stopped I’m on day 11 so far. The last couple of days were a lot lighter but today is back to normal. It’s still bright red and crampy but only when I wipe now. Sorry. I feel fine in myself I’ve been a little stressed and I’ve been dieting and lost almost 3 stone since May so wondering if this might have something to do with it? Would it be daft to leave it a few more days before speaking to my dr? I’m 33

Re: Strange period

Not sure if going back on the medication has something to do with it or not. I had the exact same thing happen to me this past cycle - I’m very regular and my period usually lasts no more than 7 days - this month I had very light spotting for a few more days only when wiping which lasted to day 11. I went to see my gyn on day 10 as I was thinking maybe some sort of peri menopause thing for me as I am older (age 50). She did exam and felt nothing abnormal but said let’s also do ultrasound just to check and everything looked good but saw one tiny (1 mm) complex cyst on right ovary which she thinks is way too small to cause any of the spotting and basically said if spotting continues to come back and luckily it stopped the next day. However, she does want to monitor the cyst so I have to come back for another ultrasound in 3 months. It seems periods can do strange things.

I think I may have also found a lump down there. I’m absolutely terrified

It all sounds normal, periods are funny sometimes. Go to your gp if worried and it carries on. I had spotting every day for a month and also had a cyst.
    We are full of lumps and bumps, it’s probably best not to worry about something that you aren’t trained to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It all sounds normal, periods are funny sometimes. Go to your gp if worried and it carries on. I had spotting every day for a month and also had a cyst.
    We are full of lumps and bumps, it’s probably best not to worry about something that you aren’t trained to look at.
    Thank you for your reply I’m trying to stay calm. I’ll make an appointment for Monday, it’s going to be a long weekend

[QUOTE=Bakebeansrule;1893200]Thank you for your reply I’m trying to stay calm. I’ll make an appointment for Monday, it’s going to be a long weekend[/

The reason I am chiming in is that I had found a lump a few months ago and just had it examined today. I was actually there for pelvic pain and a few other reasons, but I had the doctor examine it while I was there. I’m unsure as to ur situation but mine is on the inside region of my outer labia. It is under the skin, about the size of a pea and hard. Painless. The doctor said that she feels it’s a clogged gland and nothing to worry about. When she saw my hesitation, she said OR we can go ahead and remove it if it makes u feel better. She wasn’t going to remove it til I told her I would feel better if she does. So that eased my mind a lot and I hope u get the same response! Make an appt to ease ur mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Got hubby to have a look as he spends more time down there usually! He reckons it’s the same as it has been for all the years we’ve been together and couldn’t actually feel what I felt. Think I’ll still make an appointment. Period is still about the same though have woken up with more stomach ache and back ache today so maybe that’s a sign it’s going to get a little heavier before it goes. I’ve noticed I’ve got cerelle and cerezette and I’m just over a week into a new pack of cerelle I wonder if maybe I was taking the cerezette and have switched which could be causing the issue or maybe the weight loss? I have read these mini pills can cause prolonged bleeding out of the blue

Great idea for you husband to check!
    Good idea to see your gp if you’re worried. Let us know how you get on.

I’ve also noticed the cerelle I’ve been taking is just over a week past it’s expired date, probably hasn’t got anything to do with it but I’m going to start a new box or maybe I should leave it a few days

Thread Information