Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side effects back after almost 4 weeks

Re: Side effects back after almost 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Totally, yep.
    Good to hear!

I had a couple of days of feeling drunk and a couple of weeks of nausea.
    Ginger and/or vitamin B6 are often effective for AD induced nausea.

my guts are a bit more sensitive to chilli.
    Unfortunately, chilli has always been my personal kryptonite and not because of any AD. Love eating it, but the after effects on my...um exhaust are horrendous I once studied in the American South where they reeeally know how to make chilli and to be so close to perfection and not be able to do much more than lick a spoon was torture. The Universe is truly a cruel place devoid of justice! WAA!!

Tell me about it I consume more a lot more chillies than most people, and honestly, I think the heat I like in my food would make most people a bit poorly. Luckily the side effects aren't, umm, messy, but I'm a health anxiety person and the stomach pains were disconcerting until I worked out the link.

Another strange one: Citalopram has really increased my previously nonexistent tolerance for booze.

Citalopram has really increased my previously nonexistent tolerance for booze.
    Unfortunately, alcohol and both anxiety/depression and meds/therapy are not a good combo. ADs and therapy both work by stimulating the growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis) in the hippocampal regions of the brain and even moderate drinking can reduce neurogenesis by nearly half (see also: Morris SA, 2010; Crews FT, 2003).

The other thing that many face is the booze-AD interaction can be unpredictable. Some days those affected could drink a herd of alcoholic elephants under the table without raising a sweat, on others a small drink may be enough to turn legs to rubber.

ADs are ornery meds which no one in their *right minds would take except that when they work they can dramatically improve lives and that mostly makes all the misery and frustration they inflict, especially at the beginning, worth it. (* no pun intended)

Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not advocating it.

I'm not a heavy drinker, either, even now - I'm basically talking about a pint and a half every other weekend and maybe a single shot once a week.

Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not advocating it.
    I didn't think, or mean to imply you were.

I'm not a heavy drinker, either, even now - I'm basically talking about a pint and a half every other weekend and maybe a single shot once a week.
    That will *probably be fine. The problems arise when it's several times a week, every week.

* although we Aussies have serious doubts about the wisdom of drinking warm ale!

It's because you Aussies have such awful beer you need to freeze the taste out of it to make it drinkable

Oh BI,nothing wrong with a nice cold Beer on a 45c day,beats warm pommy crap any day
    (says an ex drinker)lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information