Thread: 1 Year of Twitching

1 Year of Twitching

So ever since late August of 2018, something started out of nowhere that has annoyed me so much. TWITCHES. I was convinced I had every neurological disease in the book. MS still creeps up on me sometimes. I got better at controlling my thoughts over it.
    However, the anxiety and overthinking aspect of it comes up sometimes. Whenever I’m in a environment where I’m focused, I don’t get twitches. But when I’m relaxed and laying or sitting down, they all start coming. Calf muscles, thigh muscles, arm muscles, back muscles and even little ticks around face.
    This all seems super abnormal for a teenager to experience. I went for a physical exam and everything was clear. I asked my doctor why I get twitches and she laughed and said to up my electrolytes.
    I just pray these sudden bouts of twitches don’t progress. So far they haven’t in the past year.
    Thanks,
    Matt.

Re: 1 Year of Twitching

Well, at least you are proof that twitching does not kill you, and you really only notice it when not occupied.

You probably are holding your muscles very rigidly due to your anxiety. Then when you relax, the tension is no longer there, and the muscles twitch to relieve that tension. It’s like when you for a run, and the workout, your muscles twitch, releasing their tension.

Congratulations.

Hvala puno

Twitching is normally benign. I’ve had constant calf & foot arch twitching for 5 years now so I’m living proof!! Check out the Facebook page bfs benign fascination recovery, thousand of people who have the same. I’ve also heard magnesium Malate is supposed to be good for twitching.

I started twitching mostly in my legs and arms but also my stomach occasionally and was scared of ALS, Parkinson's etc. But then I came on here and read a lot of stuff and my symptoms started to subside and I thought I was over the worst of it. That was until I woke up today with a twitch in my eye and now I'm starting to worry again. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Manc12 View Post
    I started twitching mostly in my legs and arms but also my stomach occasionally and was scared of ALS, Parkinson's etc. But then I came on here and read a lot of stuff and my symptoms started to subside and I thought I was over the worst of it. That was until I woke up today with a twitch in my eye and now I'm starting to worry again. So annoying.
    I’ve had twitching all over for the past 5 years, mainly my calves. Absolutely nothing to worry about! I’ve had eye twitching for 2 weeks straight before. My lips actually twitching at the moment. Magnesium Malate can help with twitching.

Thread Information