Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips on stopping ectopic beats??

Tips on stopping ectopic beats??

Hi all,

So I’ve been suffering from ectopic beats since July. Before it was a few a day and now I’m getting several a day. Last two days, I have had one every few minutes!!

I am in the middle of having tests done - 2 ecgs have come back normal and my blood tests normal. I am having a 24 hour monitor fitted on Monday...however in the mean time wondered if anyone has any tips to stop these stupid beats???

It’s so frustrating! And when it keeps happening, it worries me that it’s damaging my heart or that my organs aren’t getting enough oxygen.

My beats tend to get worse after I eat...I am taking magnesium daily (125mg) x2 tablets a day. Not sure if I require a higher dosage but it says take 2 on the bottle. At first it helped but now I’m getting loads again and I haven’t skipped on dose.

Any tips?

Re: Tips on stopping ectopic beats??

These worked for me...as skipped beats are related to the vagus nerve which runs near the stomach.

Don't wear anything tight around your waist - belts, trousers, tight skirts.

Eat light meals, don't over-eat otherwise they are guaranteed...indigestion brings them on with me hugely.

Adopt a good posture that keeps your back straight , not leaning forward on the abdomen area.

Do relaxation exercises that concentrate on your abdominal area, and be aware of if and when you are tense and holding that area of your body (diaphragam area) tightly.

I could have posted the same - was taking a 250mg dose of magnesium which all but got rid of mine, but for some reason they’re back with a vengeance.

Thank you both!

Carys - I will try those tips! Thank you!!

Katkins - I’m exactly the same. I was so happy when the magnesium started making a difference at first and now I’m getting them a lot again.

I didn’t know that the stomach could affect the stomach. The body seriously annoys me so much sometimes!!! 😩

OH yes, very much connected. Here's a comment repeated all over the place on the WWW...

Due to the vagus nerve, there is a very strong connection between your stomach and your heart. An uncomfortable stomach can trigger ectopic heartbeats. An overfull stomach can trigger ectopic heartbeats. Stomach issues like indigestion, GERD or ulcer causes irritation that travels to the heart.

Thank you Carys! Makes sense that I notice them more after I’ve eaten then.

Today I’ve been more conscious about making sure I’m drinking enough water. Constantly sipping it - I think this is helping a bit.

I’ve eaten light today too.

Thank you!

You are welcome. Oh yes, I forgot the water thing......if I'm feeling a bit bloated and uncomfortable I sip water often. It seems to 'clear out' the trapped gas in my stomach and settles it all down, including ectopics.

Ah thank you Carys!

Yes, today I made sure I drank some water first thing on an empty stomach and it’s seemed to have helped. Not sure if there’s a reason or if it will continue to help but I’ve felt more comfortable today then the last few days.

Hope it lasts!! 😫

Feeling awful - skipped beats/ectopics and dizziness

Hi all,

Sorry to post again but I’m feeling really overwhelmed today.

Having loads of ectopic beats today and not feeling too happy cause it’s accompanied by dizziness. I feel like I have numbness in my arms too but I can’t tell if that’s because I’m anxious.

Literally cannot stop crying 😢 just so fed up!

Does anyone experience dizziness with their Ectopic beats? Or is that a red flag? 😢 💔

I’ve had 2 ecgs which were both normal, a blood test which was fine and a 24 hour ecg on Monday (of course when I had the monitor on, I only had a few ectopics) but yesterday and today, they won’t stop.

I’m so sooo worried that I have a heart condition and will always have to live a sedentary life cause I’m constantly at risk of an attack or something.

Please help!

Re: Feeling awful - skipped beats/ectopics and dizziness

Given all the tests you've had, it's safe to assume they're harmless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information