Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips on stopping ectopic beats??

Re: Feeling awful - skipped beats/ectopics and dizziness

Hi BlueIris,

Thank you for responding.

I’m still waiting for the results of my 24 hour ecg, they said it would be about a week before I hear anything.

I’m just so concerned about the dizziness.

The feeling is really unsettling...

Re: Feeling awful - skipped beats/ectopics and dizziness

Has anyone else experienced this please?

I’m literally had skipped beats all day - they have very been frequent. I’m currently lying in bed and they won’t stop, so I can’t sleep.

I’m so scared that because I’m getting dizziness and because they are so frequent my heart will give up. There’s days I only have a few and then there’s days they literally won’t stop.

Keep wishing I could go back to June when I never had this issue! 😢💔

Re: Tips on stopping ectopic beats??

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The best way to stop ectopics is to fix the anxiety causing you to worry over the ectopics Stop giving them your time and thoughts and ignore them. They will go away once you do that. I know because at one point I used to dominate this forum with my worries over ectopic heartbeats. I'm cured of that problem. I still get them from time to time but they have 0 impact in my mind, or life. Absolutely 0. They're nothing more than a hiccup.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I posted on the other thread but I've not had them for years then suddenly 2 days of them although not a huge amount.

How many do you think you get? I had 20 something yesterday and out of curiosity I've counted 8 today! Not huge numbers...

Doesn't bother me, a racing panic attack heart is much worse for me. This I can just about ignore.

Hi WiredIncorrectly and Colin44

Thank you for your messages.

You are right - I need to control my anxiety but it’s so hard because mine are so frequent.

On Monday I had a 24 hour ECG and throughout the day I only experienced like 6 ectopics... the next day when I was about to take the monitor off I started getting more and after the monitor was off they were continuous.

So some days I can have an ectopic after every 5/6 normal beat - so very frequent.

They are horrendous when I am at rest or trying to sleep. If I am walking around, exercising etc it doesn’t happen.

WiredIncorrectly did you use to get as many as this? I’m worried that mine are so frequent there must be something wrong.

Yes I did. And exercise also helped stop them for me too. I was having multiple every minute for 2 days straight. This was around 2 years ago. I posted lots on here during that time. The advice was to ignore them. I took myself to A&E and everybody was telling me I'm wasting my time. I got hooked up to EKG for a good 10 minutes and had doctors listening to my heart. Guess what ... they went away while they were checking. I had the odd few they caught and I told them I've been getting lots per minute. They believed me, but told me it was anxiety and to go home and get some sleep.

They carried on for a few days afterwards until I started to trust what the doctor told me and relax. When I relaxed they lessened.

I had a crazy run of ectopics yesterday. For a split second I was about to freak out but I stopped, breathed deep, and carried on with what I was doing. But, sometimes when the ectopics happen one after the other it can freak me out but if it gets to that stage it means I'm suffering with bad anxiety ... because without anxiety they don't happen. Control the anxiety and the ectopics go away.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I used to think that when my ectopics stopped it was bad too, as they always stopped when I was sitting still. I had read about how they are benign at rest, but could be more serious during exercise.

I now know that if you have HA, they come at all times until you tell your body to shape up. I seriously told my heart to bring it on. Either put up or shut up. Then I got on my bicycle, cycled 10 miles with constant ectopics...thought it might be the end for me. When I got home, I realized they meant nothing and maybe 3 days later they were gone.

I mean, I still get them, I think, but I stopped checking my pulse, checking my Fitbit and just chilled the **** out. That helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates PiaR?

im going through the same exact thing. What’s frustrating is I’ll have good days where they’re minimal, I’m feeling positive, no anxiety etc....but then one will come out of the blue and the worry cycle continues.

Hi MarkRichard,

I am so sorry for the delayed response. How are you feeling?
    So my ectopic beats have stopped now, after my 24hour ECG and my doctor told me that there is nothing wrong, my ectopic beats suddenly disappeared. I was not given any medication or anything. So what they say about anxiety is true. There were times where I thought I was not anxious at all but deep down if you are thinking about it, you are anxious. You can feel calm and think you're not, but a lot of the time, you are without realising. The mind is so so so strong!

How are your ectopic beats now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information