Thread: Knee pain

Knee pain

Hi everyone,

Since April I've suffered knee problems with my right knee and been under the hospital. I have been for examinations and it turned out I have patellofermal syndrome. I'm having intense physio. Yesterday however in work i moved quickly on the spot and my knee clicked. Been in agony ever since and there's swelling. I went to a and e today who took X-rays and there was no break to my knee but I've got to go back on Monday to the hospital for casualty physio. They recommended an MRI too. I'm scared of the MRI in case it shows up blood clots or something sinister. Has anyone on here ever gone through similar with their knee? Do heat pads and elevation work?

Re: Knee pain

I don't know anything about your problem I'm afraid, but I'm going to attempt to say something from my logical side.

I'm scared of the MRI in case it shows up blood clots or something sinister.
    I don't know if this is even the type of thing they are looking for, but the point of an MRI is to find problems and treat problems. It is an accurate, often life-saving non-invasive technology which is actually a good thing to be offered if you need it. Blood clots or 'something sinister' would of course be horrible and frightening to find out about, BUT isn't it better that anything is found out now before it becomes worse or a huge threat to you systemically. I would guess, and I know very little about knee MRIs, that they are looking more for physical alterations in the tissues and joints, as you have been referred for physio which you certainly wouldn't if they suspected the more 'sinister' or 'blood clot' things.

Re: Knee pain

I've had patellafemoral problems for years on my right knee. It clicks and aches especially when exercising. I too have had an MRI on the knee. It is merely just to confirm the extent of the injury, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thread Information