So about 5 years ago, I had a random bout of Diarrhea, bloody stool, and stomach pain. I felt awful for about 2 weeks...it took a couple months before my stomach felt more normal. A week in, I went to a&e and they did a blood test and said that I most likely had a bug and they wouldn’t give me anything because it seemed my body had fought most of it off. After some time, my stomach started to feel a bit better and felt relatively normal.

However since that episode, there’s days I still get yellow Diarrhea with mucus (sorry TMI). It didn’t happen so much before but the last couple of months, I get the same issue. It would last for a day...I will have about two bad bowel movements and then it will calm down. There’s not any visible blood, I haven’t lost weight and don’t have a fever but it happens a lot. I do get cramps in my stomach on and off too (like when you have something in your stomach your body wants rid of).

I’m going to speak to my GP about it in my next appointment but does this sound like IBD? I thought it was a bug at first but now unsure. A bit concerned I’m damaging my bowel!