Thread: Feel weak.....can anyone else relate?

Feel weak.....can anyone else relate?

This one is a hard one to explain, I feel
    Weak but not physically weak if you get what I mean. My arms & legs just feel weak, like they haven’t got the energy to do anything but can. I wake up feeling like this and it seems to die down in the afternoon/night. I had my iron & vitamin levels tested recently - all fine. I’m pretty sure it’s related to the crippling anxiety & depression I’m facing at the moment.

Anyone relate & have tips?

Thanks

Re: Feel weak.....can anyone else relate?

Hello my friend! I am right there with you. You can bet your ass its anxiety related. Im actually going thru this right now. Mine is the worst when i wake up in the morning. Typically i feel it in the arms first. But yes I have had this today and went out for a long walk and in that time legs sure felt like jelly. Its been quite some time since i have felt like this but i take comfort in remembering some years back when i had bad anxiety and some depression that this was exactly how i felt then too.

I do crossfit and am in pritty good shape but for the past 2 months have not and not done a lot of physical activity. This can actually make things worse. So like if you spend all day in bed etc its also not helping at all.
    But if you do some googling or check on this site even you will notice how many people have this muscle weakness thing and how it is related to anxiety. Right now im dealing with dry mouth, little saliva which is awful and apparently this is also another horrible side effect of long anxiety.

Hang in there and do try to do light exercise as it will slowly begin to help! All the best!
    C

Quote Originally Posted by misterbubbles View Post
    Hello my friend! I am right there with you. You can bet your ass its anxiety related. Im actually going thru this right now. Mine is the worst when i wake up in the morning. Typically i feel it in the arms first. But yes I have had this today and went out for a long walk and in that time legs sure felt like jelly. Its been quite some time since i have felt like this but i take comfort in remembering some years back when i had bad anxiety and some depression that this was exactly how i felt then too.

I do crossfit and am in pritty good shape but for the past 2 months have not and not done a lot of physical activity. This can actually make things worse. So like if you spend all day in bed etc its also not helping at all.
    But if you do some googling or check on this site even you will notice how many people have this muscle weakness thing and how it is related to anxiety. Right now im dealing with dry mouth, little saliva which is awful and apparently this is also another horrible side effect of long anxiety.

Hang in there and do try to do light exercise as it will slowly begin to help! All the best!
    C
    Misterbunbbles, thanks for the reply and I’m sorry to hear your going through this too. It’s horrible but I think your 100% correct in saying it’s anxiety related. It’s weird because as soon as I stop focusing on it it goes away! I’m going through a really bad patch at the moment with depression & anxiety and have many symptoms as a result.

I used to exercise daily but since all this started I’ve literally been house/bed bound not wanting to do much, which like you say is not a good thing. I bought a good book last week called At last a life and it’s really helped. I’m gradually learning to just live with these symptoms rather than fight them if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the reply man! Positive thoughts.

Hi arm & leg fatigue / weak sensations (not actually weak) incredibly common with anxiety, too much adrenaline fatiguing muscles & nervous system. Take it easy, don't worry about it (more adrenaline) and do self care stuff that makes you feel good or google how to increase oxytocin - the opposite of stress hormones like adrenaline & cortisol
    Good luck!

Really glad I found this thread. I'm experiencing weak and sore arms and legs. I suffer with health anxiety which makes me think the symptoms are something else but it makes sense that the common denominator is anxiety. This is an old thread so hope you guys are doing well but thanks for the read.

Thread Information