Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing sight of what's 'normal'

Re: Losing sight of what's 'normal'

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I think you’re over thinking it

That's pretty much my modus operandi...

Thank you for your response BlueIris and Midnight Mouse - gives me comfort that’s it’s not always something sinister. I have awful stomach issues- Diarrhea, gas, cramping, mucus and yellow Diarrhea on and off. Nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by CatLady1 View Post
    What I'm mulling over, is whether or not to speak with my GP about this. They're fully aware of my health anxiety history, and I'm upfront with it about them - I generally trust medical professionals, so long as they've engaged with me and actually address any symptoms I'm reporting. I'm wavering because this is potentially another form of reassurance-seeking, but on the other hand, I fear the possibility of dismissing this as 'probably IBS + piles' and ignoring something potentially life-threatening.
    Just to update: I decided to speak with my GP in the end. I was resisting for a while, because I didn't want to fall into a pattern of reassurance-seeking again. But I figured, if I do have mild IBS, no harm in getting that checked out for future reference. GP was very reasonable, took my family history seriously without scaremongering, and has followed the standard procedure (for my age group) of referring me for stool and blood tests. Hopefully that will all come back normal, and no further investigation needed, because I really *do not* like the idea of a colonoscopy.

ARGH. Right, so. I had a GP appointment today, for blood tests, and to hand over my sample for the faecal calprotectin test.

I was a little jumpy, because I had blood on my stool again this morning, for the first time in a weeks, and it looked like quite a bit (compared to previous occasions). I'm reminding myself that it's still likely to be piles, because: (a) it's intermittent and bright red, (b) I'm 34, (c) it was only on the last part of stool to come out, and (d) it hurt to pass.

So I got to the surgery, and it turned out that the 'blood van' which collects blood/stool/urine samples from local surgeries had already been and gone for the day. Not sure why they booked me in at the time they did, if it was post-collection time. Because samples have to be processed by the lab within 24 hours, they couldn't take my bloods today, and, just to make it extra undignified, they wouldn't take the stool sample off me, so it's in my handbag right now. (It has my name on the tube, I don't want to just chuck it in a public bin). Will need to sneakily dispose of it in the work loos. So I've taken a morning off for nothing, and my anxiety is trying to reassert itself, AND I'm toting around a literal sack o'shite.

(I'm fine, I think; I just wanted to grumble)

Hey CatLady1 - how are you feeling now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information