Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by chimpingtongb View Post
    I've been back to the doctor's today. I'm still waiting to see a shrink. 9th Jan next year! Doc is trying to expedite this. In the interim I have 28 diazepam.
    Ooh, are you ok, Chimpington? Have you had a bit of a mood dip/crash?

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Argh Sunny, sorry to hear about the cold. Damn things. I've just recovered from an evil cold and it really does affect how you feel. I think the walk was a good idea. I went on a very brief bike ride today, first time in years I've been on a bike. I was wobbling everywhere but still enjoyed it. Hope that cold blips off soon.
    Oh wow, fantastic! I can't even ride a bike, good on you for getting out there. Weird how colds affect mood, isn't it, as if we didn't have enough to contend with? But I guess the immune system and the nervous system are connected. I love the 'blipping off.'It's my new fave phrase.....

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,703

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Weird how colds affect mood, isn't it, as if we didn't have enough to contend with? But I guess the immune system and the nervous system are connected.
    An immune system in overdrive can trigger or worsen anxiety and depression. In several respects, anxiety and depression are the symptoms of an immune system disorder. Patients taking immune system boosting meds such as interferon to treat viral diseases and cancers are now often also prescribed a SSRI because of this. Immune system proteins may also reduce the effectiveness of antidepressants.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    An immune system in overdrive can trigger or worsen anxiety and depression. In several respects, anxiety and depression are the symptoms of an immune system disorder. Patients taking immune system boosting meds such as interferon to treat viral diseases and cancers are now often also prescribed a SSRI because of this. Immune system proteins may also reduce the effectiveness of antidepressants.
    It's fascinating. My immune system is a bit compromised, I reckon. I went back to work mornings last week and have immediately caught the cold that's going around....bah! Schools are so full of germs, mind you, I suppose any enclosed space is the same. And yes, since coming down with this lurgie on Tuesday, my mood has really dipped.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,703

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    My immune system is a bit compromised, I reckon.
    I have the opposite problem, my system seems to be in overdrive all the time with white cell counts well above the normal range. They've been that way at least since I was first tested when I was 18. The positive is I rarely develop infections, I last had the flu in 1987, but the possible downside is the affect it might be having on my mental state. It could, at least partly, be why I've always needed to take high ADs doses to get a response.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Blipping off is indeed a great phrase! Very interesting about the connection between immune system and mood. I recently had an FBC and was told it was normal thankfully, but I've had more colds this year than I ever remember having before, as well as an autoimmune problem. I find immunology fascinating but crazy complex. I reckon the impact of stress on the body is enormous but poorly understood. Going back into a school environment when you've been off is definitely going to expose you to some lovely bugs. Hope you're on the mend
    __________________
    'If you're going through hell, keep going' (Winston Churchill)

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Going back into a school environment when you've been off is definitely going to expose you to some lovely bugs. Hope you're on the mend
    Hey there, was doing ok but then cold came back at the weekend. It's half term, I relaxed and it came back full effect. Feeling drained and has knocked me out a bit over the last 3 days. Just been resting up. How are you?

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Wow PDU, those were chunky but interesting articles. I'm really interested in the link between inflammation and depression. Been trying to go gluten free and sugar free, but finding it tricky at the mo. I think dairy is also quite inflammatory for some.people, but just can't give up yoghurt....

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,703

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Been trying to go gluten free and sugar free, but finding it tricky at the mo. I think dairy is also quite inflammatory for some.people, but just can't give up yoghurt
    I suspect gluten is over vilified these days, but I don't eat bread, etc often, haven't bought sugar for years and the pendulum seems to be swinging back in favour of dairy, provided it's the real stuff, not the heavily processed concoctions which are increasingly being passed of as it, especially in cheeses (Imho, the plastic wrapping of many individually sliced cheeses is the most nutritious part).

    I switched to a moderate keto diet some years ago, mostly seafood, vegetables, dairy and nuts - low carb, moderate protein and highish mostly mono and poly unsaturated fats and feel much better for it. But it has done nothing for the immune system issue.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    109

    Re: Venlafaxine startup....praying this works

    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I suspect gluten is over vilified these days, but I don't eat bread, etc often, haven't bought sugar for years and the pendulum seems to be swinging back in favour of dairy, provided it's the real stuff, not the heavily processed concoctions which are increasingly being passed of as it, especially in cheeses (Imho, the plastic wrapping of many individually sliced cheeses is the most nutritious part).

    I switched to a moderate keto diet some years ago, mostly seafood, vegetables, dairy and nuts - low carb, moderate protein and highish mostly mono and poly unsaturated fats and feel much better for it. But it has done nothing for the immune system issue.
    Yeah, there are a lot of good reports on keto for improved mood...do you think it has helped you in this way?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. mirtazapine startup
    By shiznit76 in forum Mirtazapine /Zispin
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-16, 12:36
  2. Effexor-venlafaxine- really works?
    By Torombolo in forum Social Anxiety
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-16, 17:15
  3. Keep Praying
    By in1peace in forum Misc
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-07-15, 08:57
  4. Effexor startup
    By Leviathan in forum Effexor / Venlafaxine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-07-15, 22:57
  5. I'm praying for a miracle
    By chicaplatense in forum Panic / Panic Attacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-13, 18:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •