Thread: Vitamins

Vitamins

Hi, me again. Ok weather is turning cold and evening are getting darker, I struggle and get the SAD and really bad anxiety from Oct-Feb and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, those months I seem to really dip and become Ill and many friends and family have told me to take vitamins. What vitamins are you on? Do they work? I mean I know they will take a few weeks to kick in but I really dont want to be in a dark place over Christmas again, not fun for my kids. Hope everyone is well. X

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Vitamins

P.s also on sertraline 50mg atm I might speak doc and up them ready for that time of year.

There's actually a lot of evidence that supplements don't do much good unless they're specifically recommended by a medical professional to combat a tested-for deficiency. You may be better just looking at what you're eating and trying to have a variety of fruits, vegetables and grains.

I do eat a well balanced diet. I'm awaiting docs appointment as I'm due to review anyway so I'll mention the vitamins. Just scared I will have a blip. Im such a summer's person I should like in a country that has better weather haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisig1986 View Post
    Ok weather is turning cold and evening are getting darker, I struggle and get the SAD and really bad anxiety from Oct-Feb and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, those months I seem to really dip and become Ill and many friends and family have told me to take vitamins.
    I've just posted some information in the general Medication section about the only supplements which really seem to work. You might also consider taking vitamin D for general health as this can be lacking in the depths of winter. But your best bet would be to buy, or rent (some chemist rent them) a light box. They can be very effective for SAD.

Other than that, eat a good, well balance diet and exercise regularly. Exercise triggers the same brain changes as antidepressants.

Thread Information