Thread: Break the cycle?

Break the cycle?

Hello, I haven’t been here much even though I joined years ago. I currently have generalized anxiety and health anxiety. One of my biggest problems is this-a massive trigger for anxiety is any kind of stomach pain/upset/discomfort. As soon as I experience any degree of this I go into panic mode-which makes my stomach feel worse. The only thing that seems to help is lorazepam, but I have a limited amount because I have a responsible physician. Add to this I’ve been diagnosed as IBS (although I think they just said that bc they weren’t sure what was going on) and endometriosis-both of which cause stomach troubles. So any tips on dealing with this? I automatically think it must be something terrible like cancer, and I spin like crazy. I’ve had counseling and cbt and have been on anti anxiety meds full time in the past but would like to avoid that as I’m already in blood pressure meds.
    Thanks!

Re: Break the cycle?

So.... nothing then? I’ve been listening to some generic guided meditations on YouTube when especially anxious, if anyone has some they recommend that are good for anxiety/overthinking I would love to hear that as well!

Jjjh

Headspace, an app dedicated to meditation, helped me overcome a lot of the flawed thinking associated with my HA. It helped me put things into perspective. It takes daily practice and a lot of patience but it is incredibly helpful.

Best Wishes

NotDeadYet

Thank you-I will look into that-someone also just recommenced Calm, but haven’t tried it yet either!

Thread Information