Thread: Describe your muscle tension

Describe your muscle tension

Hi all,
    I'd really appreciate it if you would describe what your muscle tension feels like. I'm struggling with a lot of mid back pain at the minute. I doubt it's a disc and I'm not at all worried it's cancer. Some days I'm convinced it's just anxiety but the cramping and seized up feeling is such that it seems impossible to me that it's just anxiety. What does the phrase 'muscle tension' mean to you?

Re: Describe your muscle tension

My muscle tension became so severe it was impeding my ability to breath. It can be almost paralysing.

What you're experiencing can be explained by anxiety.

I'm usually very very fit and active. Although I've had anxiety for years, I've never experienced muscle pain which prevented me from working out before. I'm really struggling at the minute as I often feel that my mental health hangs by a thread, and that thread is lots and lots of exercise

I presently have a feeling like a pulled muscle in my right side. It feels under the lowest rib and the pain ( mild) moves to the front side of my tum and around and up my right back.
    It feels like a muscle strain, Oblique muscle I think, but its been 12 weeks since it began. Don't get it when lying down but do feel it when twisting , walking … or anything active. Ruined my summer !
    Could it be tension ? I'm not sure. I do get tense and stressed so maybe. I also drive a thousand miles a week on average and do a fair bit of drilling in my job ( hand drills ).

Could be tension and a strain I suppose. Its the 12 weeks which is making me anxious. Though blood tests were ok. Very strange.

This is where I'm at. My back muscles are so tight it's hard to breathe. That just continues the cycle of anxiety!

Thread Information