Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking medication

Re: Taking medication

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    What I do know is that an extraordinary high number of mental illness sufferers inherit it from a parent.

If I was a woman who wanted a child, I think I'd need to think long and hard about the consequences of my action.
    Having a first degree relative - parent or sibling - with anxiety and/or depression about doubles the risk of developing a disorder. The lifetime prevalence of these disorders is ~30%, and for all psychiatric disorders about 40-45% so if your advice were followed there would soon be a large population crash, which would delight the environment, but I doubt you'd persuade many to take your advice to heart.

The other factor is not all the genetic risk comes from DNA, epigenetics may be as big a factor and there is no way of predicting who is vulnerable.

That's kinda funny lol

I agree with Lisa. Men are also to blame

Overpopulation and climate change are gonna kill the kids people intend to have anyway. If nuclear ear don't vape them first.

We should be aiming for minus % population growth and 0% GDP. Unless yous a egalite country like Sweden or China, the rich are gonna pocket all the growth anyway.

People's in Japan and Italy have stopped having kids, so why can't other countries. Men shouldn't encourage this welcome trend.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I know zilch about this subject.

What I do know is that an extraordinary high number of mental illness sufferers inherit it from a parent.

If I was a woman who wanted a child, I think I'd need to think long and hard about the consequences of my action.
    If you know zilch about something.... here is some advice keep your mouth shut! I asked for advice from people who may understand what I am going through not to be preached at.

Thank you to the rest of you for taking the time to reply and and advise me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information