Thread: Repeat Test

Repeat Test

So as you maybe aware from my previous posts I have recently been in a ALS rabbit hole. Went to the doctors last Friday and had bloods done Monday. Just rang for the results everything is ok but I have to repeat my complete blood count again In 6 weeks. The recpetionist couldn’t discuss the results as she doesn’t see them and now I can’t get an appointment until next Friday to discuss with my doctor. I’m now in a complete panic. Why won’t they tell me and why 6 weeks

Re: Repeat Test

Because some blood tests require more than one snapshot, they only work over time. You actually said 'everything ok', so go and do something fun and stop worrying over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Because some blood tests require more than one snapshot, they only work over time. You actually said 'everything ok', so go and do something fun and stop worrying over nothing.
    Apologies , I meant to say she said " everything is ok apart from your complete blood count which needs repeating in 6 weeks"

That doesn't mean your blood count is "bad", just that they want to check it again after 6wks. Most likely a typical anomaly that will correct itself within that time. I've had this happen a handful of times. Blood work results vary from time to time, for any number of reasons, and a repeat test is used to see that it corrects itself.

Well CBC has absolutely nothing to do with ALS in the first place but if it makes you feel better I got a phone call once saying I needed to come in and discuss some abnormal results which made me freak out, and it was absolutely nothing serious. So I would t stress, if there was something life threatening they wouldn’t wait 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Hijikata View Post
    Well CBC has absolutely nothing to do with ALS in the first place but if it makes you feel better I got a phone call once saying I needed to come in and discuss some abnormal results which made me freak out, and it was absolutely nothing serious. So I would t stress, if there was something life threatening they wouldn’t wait 6 weeks
    The blood test was to rule vitamin deficiencies etc. out with regards my finger twitching. I'm in an absolute panic, I had Sigmoidoscopy before Xmas & then a CT colonoscopy in March due to bleeding. So this has now sent me into a panic about that also. Why tell me I need a repeat in 6 weeks and not tell me why.

At least they told you. I have a note on my blood tests from June saying "borderline, need to repeat" and I am still waiting for someone to actually contact me and tell me this!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    At least they told you. I have a note on my blood tests from June saying "borderline, need to repeat" and I am still waiting for someone to actually contact me and tell me this!
    How do you know then that you need a repeat? Also have you had a repeat?

So rang the doctors have an appointment for next Friday as I wish to discuss with doctor, asked about what was wrong and again she was unable to tell me. She said all other results 10 of them say ok, but the Complete count test just says - retest in 6 weeks. I'm not sure ill cope over the weekend to be honest my mind is already spiralling out of control.

Thread Information