Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need good thoughts for my boy, please

Re: Need good thoughts for my boy, please

Thank you again, Terry. The waiting is hard, tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough. I hope they give me answers there. I'm hoping it is an infection or, if not, they can remove it easily?

I have to admit, I've been struggling with intrusive thoughts this past weekend regarding "what life would be like without Chisum." Due to his issues, he is not always the easiest to manage/care for and thinking those thoughts has me feeling the worst guilt. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. He's the only pet I've thought of as my "baby" and he truly is.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

My dog had a lump and they gave us the same maybe it's a infection maybe its cancer. Thankfully it was a infection. I'm thinking of you during this time x I know the waiting can be very hard. He's look like a lovely dog also!

Poppy,

If you are having thoughts along the lines of "just think how life would be easier without..." remember everything we know about intrusive thoughts. They are the opposite of true beliefs and the subconscious can't marry them up with them hence it spits them out to the conscious which means it's just asking what to do with them.

Pull the rug from under them by reducing them in terms of reaction. With some of mine I would just consciously reply "it's just an item on a list". I saw it as a big whiteboard with someone brainstorming and in these exercises it's normal business process to write even the outliers, the nonsense, on the board. These quickly get ticked off leaving the things that you need to think about.

This was one way I found helped reduce the height of thoughts because that scary thought about harming a loved one, or thinking how life would be easier if x wasn't in your life, was now on a list with "why is that bin green", "do I need milk", "where does that go to", etc. Thoughts that we get all day long that we don't ask for but given little importance to.

So sorry your beloved dog is ill, I had too take the day off work and take my dog into the vet,she has been constipated for a week and hasn’t been herself I have long haired Jack Russell named Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    So sorry your beloved dog is ill, I had too take the day off work and take my dog into the vet,she has been constipated for a week and hasn’t been herself I have long haired Jack Russell named Star.
    Quinn,

I hope Sar is ok (lovely name). My grandad had a Jack Russell, they are feisty little dogs.

I understand how when they stop eating and pooing we worry because those are good signs in an animal even when they are ill, that they keep their routines. But keep open-minded because I remember when our dog was young he had the opposite problem of a night of being unable to stop pooing to the point there was a fair bit of blood mixed in and we had to go to an emergency vet. Some meds and he was fine and still is many years later.

So, some meds and Star may be back to normal soon

Thank You Terry.
    Star has just had an Ultrasound it looks like she has swallowed a lot of stuffing from her toys,lol,the vet is now preparing an enema for her, I won’t be hanging around too watch.
    If I had known it was just a lot of stuffing my daughter could have given her one of her suppositories and save on the cost of a Vet and a days pay.

Poor old Star......An expensive way to get a good clear out, I'm sure!! Best she has it done under vet supervision though.

Do hope you get some good news today, Poppy.

It was an expensive clean out pulisa

Poppy I do hope Chisum is OK.

Thank you so much, all of you. You have made me feel so much better. Glad all of your pups are doing well too!

I dropped Chisum off this morning and they sedated him. Good news! The thing on his lip appears to be just an infection, so he's going to get some antibiotics and will be good to go.

They are currently X-Raying his front leg because he's had some pain there recently, but he also has a history of pain there on occasion. She said they want to make sure it's not arthritis, which is a good thing to check out since he's had problems in the past. So I'm waiting on the results of that, and to get the call that I can go pick him up.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Oh, that's great, congratulations! Give Chisum a hug from everyone here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information