Thread: Just another spotting worrier - any help would be appreciated

Exclamation Just another spotting worrier - any help would be appreciated

Hi ladies,

I am new to this forum and saw how open it was so I thought I would share my concerns. I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember so you can imagine why the following situation would alarm me.

Since May / June this year I have been getting spotting at exactly 7 days after the end of my period. It happens almost like clockwork. While there isn't fresh blood, I get a brown / dark red stringy discharge intermixed with my normal discharge, especially when I wipe. This is usually accompanied by some soreness in my breasts. I thought it was a one time thing the first time but when it kept happening I decided to go to the doctor who ran a blood test and didn't seem concerned since I had the HPV vaccine in high school.

I had some time on my hands and started googling and now I sit here alarmed. I might book an appointment next week to get my blood results but I'm not sure what to do. Should I request more tests or just wait it out? Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated

Re: Just another spotting worrier - any help would be appreciated

With that timing and the breast soreness, it sounds a lot like ovulation bleeding.

I get this as well,7 days after my period ends. Happened today actually and I'm 7 days out. It started a few years ago. I think it's just your body cleaning out.

It's normal and you didn't say how old you were, as you get nearer to menopause this can happen as well.

Thanks for the reply x
    Iím 19. I really hope itís nothing. After the spotting stopped I got a Pap smear which came back normal but yesterday (day 31) I got light brown spotting. Discharge was white today until I wipes tonight and it was red. I canít tell if itís my period or there is actually something wrong. Iím getting so worried Iím ready to run back to the GP

Thread Information